RC51 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've pretty much done rebuilding an SP2. Got it started and took it around the block just to see how it felt. It's bone stock, nothing special. When I got up some speed it stuttered/jerked a few times like me gassing then letting go and gassing again. At slower speeds it felt normal. At this point, I'm just assuming the PAIR system? I took off the vacuum tubes but not the actual unit in between the heads and haven't plugged up the plates. Could this be the cause? Or is there something else that could be wrong? I am disassembling and gonna take the whole system off.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
+1^ The PAIR system will not cause this "stuttering" issue. Make sure you do plug them soon. If you do not have block off plated, JB Weld works wonders in the stock units.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! After checking it, it wasn't loose, but my make shift battery tray and eagerness to try the bike...after months of building it, being careless, part of the battery connectors as it bounced around, caught the bare aluminum of the sub frame, causing a short....so needless to say probably when I felt the stuttering when going at speed down the road it was shorting itself. doh!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wanted to try and verify, but it's late and um it doesn't have headlights. Oh well. Have to totally remove PAIR anyways and plug up the plates.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
My franken-naked bike got a tail and took a stab at headlights (reminds me of a tuono) Took it to the canyons for a quick ride. Still trying to reacclimate to ride by cable, not as easy to twist like my RSV4. Fun ride even though it backfired at almost every turn.

Attachments

·
Registered
469 Posts
My franken-naked bike got a tail and took a stab at headlights (reminds me of a tuono) Took it to the canyons for a quick ride. Still trying to reacclimate to ride by cable, not as easy to twist like my RSV4. Fun ride even though it backfired at almost every turn.
are those the stock lights? what did you do to rig them up like that? i'm contemplating a street fighter look myself

1 - 13 of 13 Posts