RC51 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
The stock item is a heavy slug of cast iron (? or some metal ?). I can weigh a sample tonight if you want but rest assured ordering #7 will get you metal not plastic.

Later,
Kent Larson in Minnesota

·
Registered
420 Posts
Those do not sound stock. The stocks are heavy like Kent said. They go way into the handlebar and are mostly metal.

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Yep, OEM's are heavy metal ones.
I use the delrin bar ends too, they held up real good thru my last off.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Are they aftermarket hollow tube clip ons, or oem bars ??
That's a good question which I should have thought up before posting. If you have aftermarket clip-ons instead of OEM bars, the OEM bar ends may not fit.

From your picture of the parts, the #7 is just the end but it needs all the internals to mount up. The parts #9, #6, #10 and #8 all insert into the bar and your end weight #7 attaches to the damping pieces inside the bar with the #16 bolt.

If you didn't have all that stuff, you may not have OEM bars.

If you waited another week or two (but probably really a year or two if history is accurate), I'll have my RC51(s) all together and know if there are extra OEM bars and stuff I could sell you for about 1/4 of the costs shown on the form.

Just warning you that you may need more than just the #7 parts.

Later,
Kent Larson in Minnesota

·
Registered
420 Posts
You also may want to just grab some cheaper aftermarket ones.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
darn.. I didn't see this before I placed my order. The bars look stock. I don't know if the internals are in there tho.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts