RC51 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the RC out today for a 'spirited' ride, first one in months. The rear suspension felt very stiff.... the rear tire felt like it couldn't stay planted. The suspension was setup at a shop last October and it felt perfect. The only changes to the bike since the suspension setup is a Jardine 2:1 TI and a new single can installed a month ago and a new rear sprocket. I double checked my weight and I'm still 225 without gear. Any idea what would cause a dramatic change in suspension feel?

·
Registered
523 Posts
Easy....

It is your first ride in months.... You have a recollection how fantasticis was....
Bit like a school reunion..... I stay away from them as they 're bound to disappoint.

Doubt if the now 3 months older oil in the shock could be the cause.

Take her out a few more times, get back into the swing of things and then decided if you want to change something... imho then...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@LDH
33 front, 35 rear (spirited street pressure in February)

3/4" of slack eyeballing it

But I think I found the issue. Yesterday my 1.5 year old son was spending the afternoon with me in the garage and I found him playing with the remote reservoir..... I reset it back to what it was before and took it out today, the bike handles like it should. I have to keep a better eye on him

1 - 5 of 5 Posts