RC51 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for being the noob and asking the dumb question.. , but Moderators.. Is there a reason why there isn't a section specifically devoted to RC suspension? I mean power without control is nothing, and suspension is probably the single biggest factor in handling and your ability to go fast. Seems like a topic that is worthy of its own section? Especially given the fact the SP1 has so many issues especially for the street. I know the obvious annswer is the throw $ at it and gold plate your bike with OHLINS.. (if i only had the money). But i would think there has to be lots of folks out there that have tried race tech gold valves and maybe messed with shim stacks and oil weights at least...?
not trying to stir the pot or be a complainer or seem ungrateful. Maybe i need to just shut up and color do more searches.? i admit.. i have not done one yet on suspension at least.:eek: but still this is a topic that seems worthy of its on section. Just sayin.... Sorry.
D

·
Registered
73 Posts
I second the motion for a suspension section. The rc51.org is a good guide.

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Well, we may not have a special section for suspension, but in the last year I've seen it talked about a hundred times. All the things you mentioned too, not just Ohlins.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that is cool. and john, you are right. I am sure that i am sure i could find all the info i need with some searching. GUILTY as charged. this is a great rescource. It was just a thought so i thought i would throw it out there. seem like a worthy enough topic.??
the rc51.org is a great rescource and proably a great place to start for baseline.

·
Administrator
1,242 Posts
Let me look into it...I don't see a reason why not, it would be much easier than to always do a search. If it doesn't work, we can always remove it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts