RC51 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,237 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,996 Posts
Ha, someone wants $2000 for a set of used Ohlins with a blown seal and a nice scrape on one of the tubes, and they don't have the superbike valves? wtf?

The bad part is that those forks were about the same new.

·
Premium Member
3,237 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,996 Posts
There is always this option of course.....I'm just not sure if they are gonna still be available when I will finally have the coin....I am saving as fast as I can....damn crisis!!! :D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ohlins-FG-670-Front-Superbike-SBK-Fluted-Nitrogen-Gas-Charged-52mm-Fork-Shocks-/221160747294?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item337e35311e
The best way to spend 8 grand on getting the RC to handle better? Get another bike.

I know you aren't completely serious, so pardon my cynicism. I feel that most people wouldn't be able to get anywhere near their money's worth out of those forks. Most would be better off spending seven grand on track time and one grand on suspension, I know I'd rather do that.

·
Banned
3,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The best way to spend 8 grand on getting the RC to handle better? Get another bike.

I know you aren't completely serious, so pardon my cynicism. I feel that most people wouldn't be able to get anywhere near their money's worth out of those forks. Most would be better off spending seven grand on track time and one grand on suspension, I know I'd rather do that.
Yes I'm pretty sure your right b. but damn something about the bling factor of those Ohlins makes me giddy...

·
Premium Member
4,560 Posts
Yes I'm pretty sure your right b. but damn something about the bling factor of those Ohlins makes me giddy...
Yeah..... Me too...... Must be the, GOOOOOOOOLLLDDDDDD !!! :p:D

·
Premium Member
3,237 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,996 Posts
Oh, I get the attraction. But would you rather have one hot woman, or two pretty ones, and take turns on them?

Yeah..... Me too...... Must be the, GOOOOOOOOLLLDDDDDD !!! :p:D
It's always the gold...

Behold the power of the umlaut.
Without it, it's simply O.
If you think the "O" face looks bad, wait until you see the umlat face.

I am not sure if this has been posted before......sorry for reposting if it did...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-RC51-SP1-SP2-2000-06-Ohlins-30MM-Cartridge-Kit-Custom-For-Stock-forks-New-/281014298137?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item416dc1e619

I feel bad for saying so but they do look ugly compared with the RC stock cartridges' top caps....
Yeah, the extended fork caps don't look right sometimes, but I'd still rather be looking at the business end of a 30mm kit than a set of stock caps. And, if looks are more important than performance, I don't know what to tell you.

·
Banned
3,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Oh, I get the attraction. But would you rather have one hot woman, or two pretty ones, and take turns on them?

can I have all 3?

It's always the gold...

Duck=gold me=carbon

If you think the "O" face looks bad, wait until you see the umlat face.

????? Wtf is an umulat??

Yeah, the extended fork caps don't look right sometimes, but I'd still rather be looking at the business end of a 30mm kit than a set of stock caps. And, if looks are more important than performance, I don't know what to tell you.

Yes true...but these are nice as well...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts