RC51 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,I've just acquired an '01 Sp1. Hard as a brick to ride.It didn't come with owners manual,so I have no factory settings to start with. I'm 54kgs unclad,probably 60ish with bike gear.Would like STOCK settings and any(suspension) suggestions for my weight. Thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi,I've just acquired an '01 Sp1. Hard as a brick to ride.It didn't come with owners manual,so I have no factory settings to start with. I'm 54kgs unclad,probably 60ish with bike gear.Would like STOCK settings and any(suspension) suggestions for my weight. Thanks
Glenndee, Do you know if the bike has stock suspension or not? Start by setting the sag before doing anything else. Get 2 of your mates to help. At 54 kg it's entirely possible that the bike is over sprung for your weight. The following site will get you started http://www.rc51.org/susp.htm . Once sag is set, you can work on the rebound and compression settings. It wouldn't hurt to find a suspension expert to set up the bike. It takes very little time and money unless it needs parts.
I don't know your financial situation but getting the front re-valved and sprung is always a good option. Chances are the oil needs refreshing anyway. Then you can think about a new rear shock sprung for your weight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts