RC51 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my new undertail setup. I made the udertail out of sheet stainless and cut the slots for the SV tailight. All in I am looking at $49.00, including the tailight. It took about 3 hours to do and is a little rough, but over winterI am going to do one in aluminum, and get everything just perfect. Even being steel, I couldn't tell a difference in weight from the fiberglass on I took off.

What do you guys think?

Attachments

Premium Member
If you have some different angles please post up......... That is sharp and one of the things l like it is different. I went with the R1 type light on mine but there are plenty out there like it. I ride the RC because I love it and it is different from the I4s.

Registered
Here is my new undertail setup. I made the udertail out of sheet stainless and cut the slots for the SV tailight. All in I am looking at $49.00, including the tailight. It took about 3 hours to do and is a little rough, but over winterI am going to do one in aluminum, and get everything just perfect. Even being steel, I couldn't tell a difference in weight from the fiberglass on I took off.

What do you guys think?
How did you come up with this idea?
It looks good, but i'm sure that this has been done before, quite a while ago. Just curious.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Bartman- Yes it bothered me drilling into my tail unit, as I don't have the cash to buy a new one if I messed it up. But thankfully, it worked out.

HRC SPW- I got the idea from looking at some pics of my old SV650S. I put a fender eliminator on it from a company called Competition Werkes. It was a stainless setup as well. I always liked the look of that SV tailight too and thought it would work well with the lines of the RC. I have been thinking about it for a while. When I had the tail off doing some work with the electricals, I realized what a simple shape the RC undertail was and decided to try it. I ordered the light and when it arived I went to Ace and picked up the sheet of stainless. The rest was just tracing, cutting and drilling. The worst part is trying to find someplace to put the license plate. I am not happy with the current location.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts