RC51 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
i havent found anything on this so thought id ask. im about to change the swingarm adjuster bolts and nuts as mines is looking a little sorry for itself. Im doing this along with a few other odd jobs on my RC.

got the parts ordered from Honda and theyre on their way, is it an easy enough job to remove/replace the adjuster bolt and nut from an sp2 swingarm on both sides?

ill be doing it this weekend along with some other adjustments and general cleaning/maintenance. pointers and hints would be appreciated

Cheers

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Left side is easy - just remove the nut & take off the adjuster, then replace with new parts. For right side - just pull axle only enough to slide out the block, to replace the nuts & bolt. If you're replacing the block as well then you'll have to remove the entire axle.

I wouldn't get the anodised blocks. They'll look as if you're trying too hard to make it look better and highlight the rusty ends of the axle! :D

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sounds like good advice stig. hopefully if funds allow during the winter im taking my wheels and swingarm off to be blasted then powdercoated, might just do the blocks at that point and do just the nuts at the moment.

lol, its annoying when you go to replace a part, then immediately want to replace the part its attached too, you start to get a bit OCD

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
LOL, I'm headed that way... Yesterday I replaced my axles with new titanium ones from www.ti64.co.uk and for good measure fitted some titanium pinch bolts too. They look awesome!
But now I'm on the lookout for more titanium parts... Where will it stop?
Dunno, but enjoying the journey so far!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts