RC51 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went and bought a set of H7 Superstar Ultra bulbs for my '04 RC today, but they don't fit. The prongs are shorter, and closer together so they don't fit the sockets. Did I miss something? Are the Ultras different from normal Silverstar H7's? Am I trying to use the wrong type of bulb? I was pretty sure reading here that H7 is the correct bulb. Let me know what you think before I return them, thanks.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright, Sub to the rescue! I'm wondering if they were packaged wrong, or something. I haven't taken both bulbs out, but they are the same on each side, right?

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
Both the same H7 bulb in each headlight.
I might add that of all the bikes I've owned, my RC51 has the best headlights of all so far.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DOH! I kind of feel like a dumbass. I went to return the bulbs today and talked to two guys at Pep Boys who couldn't figure out my deal, since I brought one of the current bulbs in to compare. Just before we began the return, another cashier walks by and goes "Oh, you have an adapter on there. Take those off your old bulbs, and put them on the new ones." So H7 is correct, I just didn't know about the socket adapters. I'll test out the Silverstar Ultras this weekend.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I bought a set of HID's for both bikes. I'm gonna try em on the RC51 first with a relay. The kit came with the relay!!:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts