RC51 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone run one? How is it secured? Who makes a good one for the RC(or any sporty for that matter) Thanks TD

oh, what about saddle bags...Please spare me the "why would you put saddle bags on a sport bike" lecture! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Actually, I'm begining to think about that myself. Just a small discreet one, enough for a change of clothes and a couple misc. items. I saw the one on the grey ducati you rode with on the 7/7 thread. What did you think of that one? Maybe a little tall for me, but if it compacts some...

http://www.rc51forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7475&highlight=grey+Duc
Ya Jon, it was pretty nice. Thats actually what has me considering one. I have a tank bag but, for overnight rides(one up coming) id like some more room.

Randy's(yellow st4) tail bag was actually a tank bag he had adapted to the tail on his st. He used the supplied straps to attach it to the saddle bag frames. He used some type of packing foam to cushion the straps as they crossed over the painted portion of the tail section. Although functional, it wasnt all that atheistically pleasing;)

I dont have the luxury of any good attachment points on the RC:confused:
So i was hoping for some feedback from fellow RC'rs...
I dont know what Rick(grey st) was using on his bike?

·
Registered
138 Posts
There was someone selling a tailbag on Craigslist last year up in the Cleveland area. It replaced the passenger seat and matched the colors of the RC. I never made my way up there and it eventually sold. So there is a RC specific tailbag out there if you can find one.

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
This is what I run. It is a tank bag I attach to the rear. I am sure you could adapt a stronger method of attachment in the rear.

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
That's not bad at all Waldo. Looks quick and practical. I still have the frankenbolts for a front hooking point.
Like those Mori's too!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I just bought this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=221008414776 mostly interested in the tail bag. And a little jab at the HD guys:D

Even if the saddle bags dont work, its still half what i paid for my tank bag. Shit...i should have bought several more and turned a profit:cool:

Ill see if i cant figure a way to run the whole set...anybody got any low mount slip ons for sale:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
It still allows you access to the truck. When converting for the track I just have to remove the front bolts and the bungy.

The Mori are soo beat up. I have a new set in a box but just don't want to get them beat up.

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
For the few times I would use it, I like the Waldo adaptation. Simple and cheap. :D

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For the few times I would use it, I like the Waldo adaptation. Simple and cheap. :D
Who needs a trunk with 8,000,000,000 cubic mm of storage space:D

·
Premium Member
1,996 Posts
You still have the stock fender, so use the turn signals and Frankenstein bolts for bungie locations.

If you don't, you could use a magnetic tankbag (tons of options for that) and glue magnets to the inside of the tail where the magnets from the bag rest on the outside. If you get the strong magnets, there is no way it is coming off.

·
Registered
169 Posts
The Kriega US-20 is amazing. The base straps attach to the subframe, and the bag hooks to those. halfway through the trip I bought a bungee cord to keep the bag from sliding forward into me while riding, as there is nothing on the subframe to keep the base straps from sliding fore/aft. Still a great setup, and waterproof too.

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
Kriega US-20 up to a US-40 works great for any sportbike, with a rear passenger seat.
Attaches using the bottom of the rear seat as the securing device.
Waterproof and Ride UK recommended.
I have a US-40 kit: one US-20 and two US-10's.
They work well with a ROC strap in the middle of US-20 for super security.
Use a Kriega R20 rucksack with 3 liter hydration pac inside. The R25 is the top ranked rucksack, but I wanted the hydration pac.
Hydration bag allows for the freezing of 2 liters of water inside the bag the night before the ride, prior to adding final liter just before the ride begins, to keep you and the water cool all day.
Kriega is high quality kit, but it's price isn't cheap.
For use on my KTM Superduke, I have purchased a FastRack to keep the US-bags off the stock exhaust pipe. I will also use it to hang my Ortlieb 4" thin dry saddlebags under the US-bags and off the pipes that are 1" from the seat. I already melted some of the saddlebag onto the pipe.
All of these products are available at Aerostitch/Riderwarehouse.
Should last for ever, just don't melt them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts