RC51 Forums banner

Tail/Brake Light Connection to Aftermarket Undertail - Need a Solution

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  JoseHIII 
#1 ·
I installed an aftermarket undertail (Graphic Art Moto) many years ago on my 03 RC51, luckily I didn't hack off the factory wiring harness pig tails for the turn signals or tail/brake light. I had cut apart the bulb holder from the factory tail/brake light and soldiered the undertail wiring into the bulb holder. It worked well for a few years, but I recently upgraded the bulbs in the undertail to bigger/brighter puck LED modules (these)... disturbing the old hack I did made one or the other cut in and out from time to time.

So what I am looking for is a better way to connect into the factory harness connectors specifically for the tail/brake lights. I have looked for a 'male' connector to plug into the factory harness but I have been unsuccessful (something to plug into this). I even tried to look for something I could 3D print, still nothing.

Any suggestions?? I really don't want to hack the factory harness, I already dislike my past self for cutting down the factory undertail/mud flap.

Discussion starter · #5 ·
Right, I had previously found the new stock style connecter on cycleterminal.com (actually linked in my previous post). I was hoping to either find a male connecter to go to the factory connector (I already asked if cycleterminal.com knew of any, he said he's seen it once but not state side nor any other info about it), or find a pair of connectors that uses the same terminal ends to be able to swap the connectors without cutting wires...

I had plans to do what you suggested @Wibbly, I already have a pair of Deutsch 3 pin connecters installed on the undertail side but I got cold feet when it came time to cut the factory wiring...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.