RC51 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2006 RC51 and am having trouble finding the part I need. And to make it worse, I'm not exactly sure what it's called. But its the wiring that supports the tail light and the rear blinkers. This whole thing looks like a rats nest and I'd rather just replace the whole thing rather than trying to repair what damage has been done. I just want to disconnect the entire wiring system from the relay and replace it with new OEM wiring.

I'm trying to purchase the LED integrated tail lights from Chormeglow and they state that their lights are plug and play but from what I can see the PO removed the connectors from the left tail light and has the wires directly connected. Who knows what else has been done.

Hopefully the photo shows what I'm trying to replace.

Thanks for you help!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
there isn't a sub harness for the rear. so if you want to replace it, you're replacing the main harness.

better to just fix what the PO did using oem connectors from cycle terminal.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
so which connector do I need for that tail light? Looks like the green, orange and green/white wires.

Thanks, I'm a noob

This is the led tail light I'm looking at from Chromeglow. I'm guess I'm looking to attach to those type connectors.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
that tail light you posted is a massive piece of shit, keep shopping.

it plugs into the stock light sockets. (see how the plugs look like a light bulb?)

you'd have to buy a bunch of shit and you'd end up with a nasty mess back there. you'd be better to buy an oem tail light from someone on here for like 20 bucks, then go to cycle terminal and buy the connectors you posted, as well as the signal light connectors.

the orange is left signal, the blue is right signal, the green is ground, the green yellow is brake light, and the black is running light.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Which led's would you suggest? I'm just looking to replace the bulb ones I got. Not looking to do the entire undertail.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts