RC51 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm told -- but want to confirm -- that Tech G rearsets can have replacement parts from Satos swapped in. After a minor racetrack incident Sunday, I'm gonna need some spares OR to replace, and I'd like to take the cheaper option.

Anyone know for sure? :)

·
Premium Member
1,858 Posts
Can you show some pics of what you need...? Someone may have Sato parts laying around that may be able help you out.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not 100% sure, but at a minimum:

* left footpeg is ground down, too short, and sharp
* left baseplate is pretty bent
* Gear shift lever is toast

(ideally, I'd like a right heelguard too, but that's another matter). I /think/ the left step plate and heelguard are OK; the base plate just bent in.

I think the Sato parts fit. They look bloody similar, for sure.

·
Premium Member
1,858 Posts
I have a shift lever, shift shaft, heel guard, and a base plate with just a very slight tweak to it.
All in used condition.

·
Premium Member
1,858 Posts
How about $80 shipped for the shift lever, shift shaft, and base plate....?
I can email you a pic of everything too if you'd like....Just drop me your email

·
Registered
144 Posts
Sato Spares

Here's what I have for Sato spares. I'll put them up in a separate for sale if you don't need them. This set is one bracket, one bolt, one foot peg and the shift shaft away from being a full set in good condition.

With sbkdrew's shift shaft, you have a complete working set.

As is, you could use it after adding the shift shaft and a bolt. Both lever ends are ground about 1/4 to 1/2 inch. One of the pegs is ground off a bit but usable. The left side mid-plate is tweaked.

$150 plus shipping ($10 to $15 most places).

Picture:

Later,
Kent Larson in Minnesota

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Kent,

Thanks! I'm probably going to just grab a new peg from Sato and call it good with sbkdrews bits -- just trying to keep costs down as I fix up the rest, though part of me things I should start grabbing all the spares that I can as quickly as I can 'just in case' :) I'll pass for now, though I really appreciate you digging those up.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For reference, and if anyone finds this later -- no, it is not an exact swap. Tech G step plates do not fit Sato base plates, etc. A worthwhile experiement.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts