RC51 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I believe this is a universal problem with the SP-1, but the fueling from fully closed throttle to open on my bike is terrible. What are my options here? Power Comander? Quick action throttle? Adjust the throttle cable?

There seems to be a large amount of play in the throttle where I start to wind it on and nothing happens, This is the biggest part of the problem.

Any info and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
adjust the throttle cables then see what happens! these bikes really benifit from a regular plug change aswell.....

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
Okay, so I believe this is a universal problem with the SP-1, but the fueling from fully closed throttle to open on my bike is terrible. What are my options here? Power Comander? Quick action throttle? Adjust the throttle cable?

There seems to be a large amount of play in the throttle where I start to wind it on and nothing happens, This is the biggest part of the problem.

Any info and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Is your bike stock or modified with exhaust or airbox mods?
I can understand if it was having problems at low RPM and low throttle openings. These twins do not like chuffing around.

The main problem with SP1's is the 4 hole injectors.
Honda went to 12 hole injectors on SP2's to help better atomize the fuel.

Another problem has to do with the abrupt on/off transition of the F.I. system during certain throttle changes.
The F.I. system will briefly cease injecting fuel as the engine is spinning down and then suddenly resume injecting fuel.
This was also a complaint with the 2006 Yamaha FZ1's with their lurching.

It's not noticeable at higher throttle settings as the engine is spinning fast enough the inertia smooths it out, but at low RPMs it gets into that lurch everybody experiences.
Just try to keep it a bit higher in RPMs, like 3500 or more and be smooth with throttle opening/closing.

If your bike is modified and doesn't have a Power Commander, the fueling may also be hampered, which can be helped by the Power Commander.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks SubSailor, I have ordered a Power Comander and I am going to adjust the cable tomorrow. Hopefully that will fix it a little. It does have twin Moriwaki Titanium Zero cans on it, so I am sure that is part of the issue. I'll let you know how it feels after the Power Comander.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts