RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well everyone, I purchased a set of Erion Racing exhaust cans from ARSEY51 a couple months ago. Unfortunately, his was an SP-1, mine is the SP-2. So, the midpipes did not line up properly for a mount. Well, that just led me to doing a project I was wanting to do down the road anyway....getting custom midpipes made to give it a high exit look and flow. These are the pictures of what it'll look like when it's done. This was the day we were measuring everything and positioning it where I wanted them to go. Of course, there will be final pictures to follow when she's done.

Right side is stock mount....left is the new position:

From the side:

Profile shot:

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Yeah! That's gonna be sweet. I just did a little tweaking on my exhaust using sp1 and sp2 parts, so I can relate. Nice job there. Definatly get pix up when you've got it all welded together.

·
Premium Member
3,188 Posts
Sweet, thats gonna look good. Similar look, as the Ethos design for the SP1. Can't wait to see it finished.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
THE PIPES ARE HERE! THE PIPES ARE HERE! THE PIPES ARE HERE!
So, I went up to see the bike today, as it is finished w/the install. There is just a couple small touch ups they are going to to next week, so I don't have her back yet, but I was able to get some pictures.

The before:

And now the afters:
went from Yoshi to Erion Racing...

Getting the measurements and spacing done:

Right side is stock mount, left side is new position:

Midpipes were painted w/the high temp engine paint, and then wrapped w/the exhaust wrap from the headers all the way back to where you see...

·
Premium Member
3,188 Posts
looks sweet. nice job.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Looks sweet! I am in the midle of fabing an exhaust for my Sp1. I have Sato titanium mids and I am waiting on a set of M4 supersport mufflers to arrive that I am going to bore out just a little on the inlet side to fit over the Sato cans. I love all the creativity!

·
Banned
427 Posts
Looks sweet! I am in the midle of fabing an exhaust for my Sp1. I have Sato titanium mids and I am waiting on a set of M4 supersport mufflers to arrive that I am going to bore out just a little on the inlet side to fit over the Sato cans. I love all the creativity!
thought you were buying Jonny's sato can?

how are you going to fit your M4 mufflers over your sato cans?

·
Registered
140 Posts
I tried to buy his Sato cans, but somebody beat me to them. I was bummed. A budy of mine has a '09 GSXR 100 with the M4's and we tested one with the Sato mids. It is a near perfect fit. The construction of M4's Supers Sport line of mufflers is such that the inlet tube is a cone. So the opening expands immediately as it goes from the inlet side. All I will have to do is take about a 1/16" off the end of the mufflers and they will slide right on. The straps and everything else line up perfectly as well. It's not as cool as the Sato's or a nice set of carbon GP's, but it was in my price range and at least it will be different. I'll post pictures next weekend when it's all put together.

·
Banned
427 Posts
I tried to buy his Sato cans, but somebody beat me to them. I was bummed. A budy of mine has a '09 GSXR 100 with the M4's and we tested one with the Sato mids. It is a near perfect fit. The construction of M4's Supers Sport line of mufflers is such that the inlet tube is a cone. So the opening expands immediately as it goes from the inlet side. All I will have to do is take about a 1/16" off the end of the mufflers and they will slide right on. The straps and everything else line up perfectly as well. It's not as cool as the Sato's or a nice set of carbon GP's, but it was in my price range and at least it will be different. I'll post pictures next weekend when it's all put together.
sounds unique, please post them up

·
Registered
140 Posts
Those swingarm spools are very interesting indeed!

I will post pics for sure next weekend. The cans should be here by wednesday, but I won't have time to do anything until Saturday.

·
Registered
165 Posts
So I wanted to get a look at the M4 you were talking about. I searched for the 09 gsxr you mentioned and found this little whoopsie on M4's website. Is that a custom spool? :D
Has anyone made an exhaust like this or anyone coming out with one in a production line?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts