RC51 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went from this
ImageUploadedByMO Free1364361384.361583.jpg

To this... White base with a white shimmer pearl....kinda like the white Lexus cars pith the metallic look...still buffing it out to get all glossy and smooth from the wèt sanding...
ImageUploadedByMO Free1364361464.276901.jpg
ImageUploadedByMO Free1364361480.296100.jpg

And of course the camera on the iPad doesn't do it justice.

Will be adding some carbon soon to enhance the overall look...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Need some better quality pictures man. Put the Motorola Quantico away and dig out a digital camera. Hard to get a good idea of how it looks

·
Registered
609 Posts
You painted it the same color as my washing machine. Nice. lol. :)

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
cwpSP1, Your washing machine is white pearl 3-stage? I bet it turns some heads when you cruise it around town? :D

Handyman- good work! i like that color so well myself, I painted my jetski the same color.
Agree with Hig; get a good camera and put up some real pictures! Are you going to add any graphics? I think it would look good with one or two, like a small wing on the tank, or HONDA across the bottom of the side fairing, or RC51 in the original spot of the front fairing...

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
cwpSP1, Your washing machine is white pearl 3-stage? I bet it turns some heads when you cruise it around town? :D

Handyman- good work! i like that color so well myself, I painted my jetski the same color.
Agree with Hig; get a good camera and put up some real pictures! Are you going to add any graphics? I think it would look good with one or two, like a small wing on the tank, or HONDA across the bottom of the side fairing, or RC51 in the original spot of the front fairing...
Lol, agreed before I post....the force is strong in this one! :D :D :D :D

So I in turn agree with the others, that looks sharp and classy;). Tapeworks can make you some graphics in any desirable color to make them pop or stay subtle. That would really set the bike off. Doesn't need to be big- think Ducati;)

·
Registered
264 Posts
Pair of red stripes down the entire middle would cool...

I've always liked white on sportbikes too. Post up some quality pics once she's all finished.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone... Most definitely going to get better pics with my Nikon DSLR... These were taken with the camera off my iPad..there will be some graphics if some sort put on but nit quite sure what they will be yet. A buddy of mine has access to vinyl and plotter to cut anything out in just about any color I want. He also has a roll of 3d carbon vinyl I'm thinking would look good

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
609 Posts

Erm, no mate. It's a washing machine, it doesn't have wheels or a gas powered engine. How could I cruise around town on a washing machine??? lol. Back in England, we have something called 'white goods', which is basically your washer, drier, fridge etc etc. Household appliances are generally white. So if someone has a white car/bike, we would wind them up by saying it looks like a washing machine. Not trying to be cruel or hurt someone's feelings, it's just a bit of fun. Would I own a white car? HELL NO!!!! I'm not driving around in a tumble drier with wheels. haha. Word.

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Erm, no mate. It's a washing machine, it doesn't have wheels or a gas powered engine. How could I cruise around town on a washing machine??? lol. Back in England, we have something called 'white goods', which is basically your washer, drier, fridge etc etc. Household appliances are generally white. So if someone has a white car/bike, we would wind them up by saying it looks like a washing machine. Not trying to be cruel or hurt someone's feelings, it's just a bit of fun. Would I own a white car? HELL NO!!!! I'm not driving around in a tumble drier with wheels. haha. Word.
LOL. I happen to like Type R Hondas in white. DC2 Integras & the last Civics made only for the Japanese market. Very cool cars and they can only be white (Honda's racing colour). I'd also have an NSX-R if I could (Best driver's car made some say!) and they're (pearlescent) white! :D Call these washing machines? Maybe - they'll take many cars to the cleaners! :D

Seriously though, this bike does need some decals. Fortunately there's a good company in the UK who can make exactly what you want. They have sizes, etc. I just got a quote from them for 85 GBP for a complete set of Euro decals, including everything, right down to the helmet warning stickers, or the joke stickers plasticmaggot put up a few months ago. Their vinyl is apparently excellent too. You could get a Euro colour scheme on pearlescent white. That would look cool in the US. Have the last laugh about the white goods. :D

http://www.bike-stickers.com/homepage.htm

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
That's a pretty good price Stig, I may look at them for mine, Tapeworks is who I was going to have do them but they get a bit pricey, I'll have to look it it compares with the currency conversion and shipping.

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Take a look at their Joey Dunlop Replica kits (On the Race Replica gallery pictures, you have to scroll down. They have several RC51's there). They can do those too...for the same price as I was quoted, I think...Only the white number boards can't be supplied as those are done using white wrap, not stickers.

JD might be a nice design for the US. GBP is weak compared to $USD. Roughly the calculation is: 1.55 x 85 GBP = $124 + shipping. Around $200 should cover all costs.

I'm going to order a complete set of original stickers for Carlos' 2005 Euro SP2 project next week from the UK, so will probably see the decals a few weeks from now & can let people know what the quality is like. The guy I've been speaking with has been quite attentive & helpful with answers to my questions so far, which is encouraging. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts