RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have some SP-1/2 front-mount rad kits available, $899 not including shipping.

The kits include upper and lower radiators, oil cooler, coolant link pipes, oil line-to-crankcase terminals and mounting hardware. They do not include the coolant hoses or oil lines themselves. The kit is track-oriented but can be used on the street - there's a threaded port to mount a fan thermo switch in the upper rad (I supply a CNC block-off bung in the kit if this is not required).

Message me if interested, thanks for looking,

Jimmy

·
Registered
128 Posts
No v-cowl can be used with this setup right? Might not be the best street application (debris from road might damage the radiators right?). I totally want to do a front mount setup but maybe for my track bike only?

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
No v-cowl can be used with this setup right? Might not be the best street application (debris from road might damage the radiators right?). I totally want to do a front mount setup but maybe for my track bike only?
The v-cowl has to be either cut down or omitted so yes, the radiators are more susceptible to damage from stones etc. However I've been running mine on the street for years without issue, they ship with a stone guard safety-wired to the lower half of the lower rad. The front-mounts are far more efficient than the OEM side-mounts as long as there's air coming in through the cowl. There is room behind the lower rad for one or two SPAL 4" fans but if you're crawling in stop-and-go traffic on a hot day they will have no advantage over the stock side-mount system. Once moving however there's no comparison ...

The kit is brilliant on the track. The feedback I get from racers and track day users is all positive. I ran my own bike with a built motor on the track this week in 100F conditions, coolant temps stayed constant around 180F.

·
Premium Member
6,481 Posts
Got a set of the early SP2 front mounts, and they are very nice!!
Jimmy is a straight-up nice guy and a pleasure to work with.

Both Jimmy and Simon (at LBP) are great guys.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Man, I wish business was better I've wanted a set of these for quite some time.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Jimmy is amazing to deal with. I have a set of KYA front mounts and the oil cooler was just stupid. He helped me with my 101 questions and hooked me up with his oil cooler and some odds and ends. Absolutely great to deal with!

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jimmy is amazing to deal with. I have a set of KYA front mounts and the oil cooler was just stupid. He helped me with my 101 questions and hooked me up with his oil cooler and some odds and ends. Absolutely great to deal with!
Thanks for the +ve feedback Shawn & I'm glad the package arrived. Let me know how it goes.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi all,

I have one set of these remaining from the last production run so if you're interested grab them now (there will be more available but not 'til later in the year).

PM me if interested.

Jimmy

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hi all,

I have one set of these remaining from the last production run so if you're interested grab them now (there will be more available but not 'til later in the year).

PM me if interested.

Jimmy
Is there any info on how much the temp drops when using these units, I am keen on a set if they help.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Damn, that is a sexy set my friend.

I also have this on my wishlist, maybe later on this year.

Do you know what the shippingcosts are to the Netherlands?

Grtz Chris

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There is another run in the works available in June.

Is there any info on how much the temp drops when using these units, I am keen on a set if they help.
I see temps of around 75C - 85C on my bike when in motion, approx 5C - 10C less than the side mounts. Obviously ambient temps and tuning are going to be factors.

PM sent regarding the rad set.
PM replied.

Damn, that is a sexy set my friend.

I also have this on my wishlist, maybe later on this year.

Do you know what the shippingcosts are to the Netherlands?

Grtz Chris
There are options for shipping, message me for details but typically between $80 - $100.

·
Registered
162 Posts
There is another run in the works available in June.

There are options for shipping, message me for details but typically between $80 - $100.
Thanks for your reply. This summer I first have to paint a complete fairing set incl fueltank so I can sell it. Then I can use that money for some beautiful stuff like those front radiators.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts