RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so the local dealership has a 2010 KTM Akrapovic edition on the floor.
She is used but has only a 1000 miles on her and I cannot find any flaws when looking her over real close.
I have been eying this 2010 RC8 for a few months now and I'm ready able now to pull trigger...
I went in there yesterday to see if I could close the deal....
They still have the 2010 Akra I want but low and behold they have a brand new 2013 RC8 R on the floor!
Wow I was blown away.
The 13 is not an Akra edition but looks dayum nice.
Both bikes are basicly the same price...
Im kinda stuck..

These pics are not of the actual bikes in the dealership.. but do show what I'm looking at..
it was a bad day to sneak out to the dealership without my phone.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
Do it. The RC8 is an amazing bike. My good buddy had an RC51 and sold it for an RC8. Has never been happier. He can ride the balls of the thing at the track as well. Handles a lot better. I think its probably the closest thing to a modern RC51. To be honest, it's better in about every way. Even quite a bit more rare, and always will be.

Buy it. You deserve and need it.

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
Do the Akra edition. It's the one i wanted back in 2010. It was between that and the S100RR....unfortunately i made wrong choice and later regretted it. At the time i could not find an Akra edition in Colorado either.

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
RSV4...I would rather have it than the RC8, for me it's the ergonomics, I've ridden both and I fit the RSV4 so much better.

If you are short like me the Aprillia is a better fit...

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RSV4...I would rather have it than the RC8, for me it's the ergonomics, I've ridden both and I fit the RSV4 so much better.

If you are short like me the Aprillia is a better fit...
How short is short?
Im 5"10 and weigh in at 180. Believe it or not I find the Rc quite comfy even with the stock saddle.

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
How short is short?
Im 5"10 and weigh in at 180. Believe it or not I find the Rc quite comfy even with the stock saddle.
I am 6'2.... not been on a rc8 or the rsv4, but I can say this... the rc51 with sato rearsets and banzai mounts is gonna kill my legs...lol.
No long treks...:rolleyes::)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ha that's my older brothers height;) I'm not a big guy but I do get a kick out of looking down at my older bro. He can prolly still kick my arose though.

I did go into the other dealership a month ago looking for some gloves and man, those salesmen where vampires! Its a newer Appe dealership and they still had brand new 2009 bikes on the floor. Many many 2010's including a RSV4 in a dark metallic blue. I did look her over real good. Super deals to be had at that place for sure. I could save about 8 grand buying a new 2010 RSV4.

But I just love the KTM.

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
rsv4 or 1098r would be my runner up to the rc8

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
dude either would awesome. saving 8 grand with an rsv4 i think might be the way to go. sick bike, with the factory ohlins i think it may the better bike.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Probably catch some flak for saying this but my next purchase will be the zx10r. Love the rc8 in the black/orange combo

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Yes I do like the new zx10r also but there are quite a lot of the them on the roads in my area. And on a side note I see those new kawi 300's everywhere! Kawasaki must be doing quite well with sales #'s for those.

One reason I love my Rc so much is I NEVER run into another one at bike nights or out on the road. I love it when guys are just flabbergasted as to why it sounds so different. I even had an older fellow accuse me of putting a Harley engine in my Honda.

I like the KTM Rc8 because it looks like none other. It looks Sharpe edged and futuristic to me.
I just had a nice chat with the wife while we had dinner. Everything is a go.
Dontbhave to sell one to get one so that's good. Credit line is already good to go. All I need to do is grow some balls and go down to dealership and sign for my first new bike at the ripe age of 37.
I do think I will go for the Akra edition.

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
I've ridden my buddies RC8R, and it pulls like a tractor in any gear.
Only two negative areas in my book.

First, it's got the got worst LCD panel I've seen. Maybe it's ok at night, but in broad daylight, I had no idea what RPM I was turning or what speed I was doing.
Not even close to being as intuitive like the RC51 panel.

Second, the mirror mounts are placed too close to the bars on the upper cowl, so when you go full lock, left or right, on the forks, you smack the mirrors with your upper hand.

Otherwise, a fun bike to ride.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts