RC51 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
($600 + shipping ) _thinking of selling my carbon-fiber Akrapovic Slip-On Exhaust but

ok yes im thinking of selling my Akrapovic Slip-On Exhaust , thinking of 2 into 1 JARDINE ,

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Are you original owner of those slip-ons, how old are they?
I must have misunderstood about 2 into 1. I thought that they are designed for top end, and low and mid suffers...

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
If they have been repacked recently, and have no damage and minimal fading of the carbon, $500 is way too low. You could probably ask $700-800 and get it.

As far as I know, you have your thoughts on 2-1 exhausts backwards. They have dips in the midrange and higher top end power.

Did you read this part about 2-1 exhausts:

I have seen many 2-1 systems yield better topend hp & weaken the mid-range like on the Erion Superhawk & numerous Hawk GT systems. *That's not to say that with enough piping & tubing you could get just about any result ya want, but it will most likely be a point of diminishing return as the overall power output will most likely be significantly lower (if you were to purposely build an exhaust just to prove a point)

I firmly believe that on the HRC Superbikes that the extra length of piping is taking the jerk out of the mid-range making it a less powerful hit of power & thus more useable, but not "more" mid-range power. Along with that I suppose that top-end may be suffering some, but with 190hp on tap I guess you could stand to lose a couple here or there.

Either way I think alot of people are going to be dissapointed when the final product comes around & it doesn't give you this miraculous mid-range power gain that you have all been dreaming about.

Several manufacturers are currently working on 2-1 exhaust for the RC51, once some of them are on the open market & we can test them then I may need to revise this page, but until I am proven wrong I will stick to what I learned over the years.

Update 06/05/02: The Erion 2-1 full exhaust on the 02 bike is producing dismal power curves even worse than stock & has several issues with overheating the motor as well as scorching the single cannister.

Update 07/18/02:dyno charts of the Erion 2-1 with a terrible mid-range dip

Jardine has admitted that they are having problems with the mid-range with their 2-1 system & Arrow is being very tight lipped about their 2-1 after having made a big showing of the prototype many months ago which to me is most likely indicative of their failed attempts or at least performance issues stemming from the design.

UPDATE: Jardine has released their 2-1 full system & the performance numbers aren't bad, nothing spectacular, but no major drops in performance either. A few owners have commented that it leaves a flat spot in the mid-range, but overall with a price tag of $499 it sounds like a pretty good deal for those that want more performance than stock, less weight (credible reports have it at a whopping 19lbs of weight savings & a price tag of $390) & something fairly unique dyno chart for Jardine 2-1 another dyno chart for Jardine 2-1 supplied by an actual owner (the mid-range dip is pretty severe on this one). There have also been numerous issues of the welded tab breaking off on them as seen here 2-1 Jardine broke

·
Premium Member
3,188 Posts
600 is a fair price..... i would keep them though. Sounds like you made your mind up, you'll get 600 easy. let us know how you like the Jardines in comparison.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Why would you trade down ? You seem to keep your bike in pristine condition. Here's a Jardine system for sale http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/mcy/2792389612.html Take a look at the discolouration on it.
I had a 2 into 1 Jardine on my bike when I bought it. There was such a bad dip in the mid range it felt like it had a badly tuned 4 barrel carburetor. Although it didn't have a power commander on it yet I put a stock header on it with 2 into 2 slip on's and sold the Jardine. I don't think your going to be happy with the Jardine 2 into 1 system.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I have the Jardine 2into 1 set up. It's loud as shit tho. I cut 4 inches off so the end would sit flush with the tail. Plenty of power all over for me

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
Getting top dollar and selling something for what it is worth are two very different things. I agree that paying it forward is a good thing. I've sold a set of almost mint high mount leo vince titanium cans for $450, and an Ohlins shock for $500.

Heck, you could price those cans at $900 and get it, eventually. I just have to agree with cantonrc here. You are selling a set of discontinued, highly rated, expensive cans to get one of the cheapest exhausts out there. At least do yourself a favor and buy the Jardine before you sell the Akropovics, because you won't be able to find another set for a while, and not for $500 or $600.

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Getting top dollar and selling something for what it is worth are two very different things. I agree that paying it forward is a good thing. I've sold a set of almost mint high mount leo vince titanium cans for $450, and an Ohlins shock for $500.

Heck, you could price those cans at $900 and get it, eventually. I just have to agree with cantonrc here. You are selling a set of discontinued, highly rated, expensive cans to get one of the cheapest exhausts out there. At least do yourself a favor and buy the Jardine before you sell the Akropovics, because you won't be able to find another set for a while, and not for $500 or $600.
+1 Keep the Akropovics till you know how you like the new setup.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
I have a 2-1 sitting in a box at home with a Black dragon can. mid pipe is a little smashed but with a Tune I got rid of the massive dip. I would be willing to sell it. for pretty cheap if you just wanted to give a 2-1 a try.

there are the only pics I have on the bike.

·
Registered
125 Posts
i am running the jardine 2-1 pipes currently (pictured). they sound like a demon garggling whisky and spitting fire :)

i recently found this dyno chart from an owner:

this is the dyno chart from jardine:

so the owners chart shows a clear drop in the mids but increases in the highs where jardines chart only shows slight dips in the mids.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts