RC51 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought my 01 rc51. it's in great shape. i like it a lot. that being said, i have a line on a good deal on a 1098. i'm torn for what to do.

my rc51 is in great condition. about 15000kms(9500mi). what's it worth? sell my scorpion slip ons separately?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i also have a 2000 superhawk. i lowered the hawk for my lady but she rarely rides. if i could raise the hawk back to stock height i would be completely happy with the 1098 and the hawk.

i can't justify three bikes, especially for the amount i ride. two bikes yes.

i still have a mortgage too.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i won't get anything for the hawk, and i like it a lot. it's fun to ride and very comfy. i think i like the hawk better than the rc51. most importantly it's my lady's ride! we own it together but it was always intended for her.

what would be great is hawk for fun and comfort, 1098 for the back roads.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
took the 1098 for a test ride. it's got termis and oh my gawd the sound is simply amazing. my 51 sounds great but this thing makes the 51 sound like a sewing machine! simply incredible.

after that, it's good but not necesarily THAT much better than the 51. i'm gonna mull it over and figure out what the trade is worth to me.

·
Registered
502 Posts
You've got to feel it in your heart to make the trade. Both the RC51 and the 1098 are great bikes
We talked about maintenance issues in another post. If you are over those issues and you've always wanted a Ducati, GO FOR IT! I would, but I'd also add to the fleet if I could. I have 2 bikes, so does my wife. We have a mortgage and car payments too! We are not rich by any means. We just make it work. Motorcycles seem to be our hobby. Its also a way of life for us. We work to ride, but don't ride to work! LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts