RC51 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post says it's intact and runs perfectly.
I'm wondering-
1. why is it being parted out in the first place?
2. why did it disappear within hours of posting?

It's probably a legitimate owner who changed his/her mind about getting rid of it and me being paranoid with the epidemic of bike thefts in the Bay Area.

But, I can't help to wonder why would someone want to part out this perfectly good beauty?

IMG_0623.jpg I have contact info if this is indeed a stolen bike if someone out there recognizes it as theirs.

I hope I'm just being a weirdo and it's a legit titled bike. If so, I'm interested in the motor for my SP-2 project.

·
Premium Member
2,392 Posts
it is probably worth more in parts than he will get selling a whole track bike.

Most potenital RC51 owners want them MINT, heavily upgraded etc.

If he rides track and it has good parts on it, he likely realizes he will make much more selling parts for a 20 year old bike, rather than selling a 20 year old track bike for a market that really wants MINT units.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I saw the listing and messaged it about the tank, the seller replied and said he got an offer for the whole bike, nothing seemed sketch to me about the listing or that it sold, am I just too trusting? :unsure:

·
Registered
133 Posts
I saw the listing and messaged it about the tank, the seller replied and said he got an offer for the whole bike, nothing seemed sketch to me about the listing or that it sold, am I just too trusting? :unsure:
I'm with you and though the same thing. Probably got a reasonable offer for the whole bike and just decided a little less total was worth losing over the headache of parting her out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts