RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to send my personal thanks to all of you. I have yet to meet anyone on here that irritates me.
I have been on a number of forums, and typically you get people that 'troll', just to test peoples nerves.
There's no bike or people bashing here.

I've found nothing but kindness and good hearted people.
Jon's thread for the Doc is great! Getting to know you all in a different way
than just a bunch of guys hiding behind their online screen names.

I'm glad to be a part of this forum!

All in all, just wanted to say,
THIS FORUM IS AWESOME!!!

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
Since I am awake and you obviously couldn't sleep (There is a movie title in there somewhere....), there are a great band of fellows here.:cool:

·
Registered
413 Posts
LOL:D

You haven't met LDH yet:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been up since midnight. I've heard stories of LDH, but have not had the pleasure,... yet.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I've only been on here for a little over a month and I love everything about this forum. I never thought I could have access to such information and nice guys, like Luckyadam12 said, there's no place for rude comments on here, and everybody is so helpful to noobs like me. I've pm'd so many users asking dumb questions that I'm sure they've been asked a hundred times, but they were super nice and helped me out! Awesome place to gather and talk about an amazing bike, as well as just share about life in general! Not many places like this online...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Don't pre judge, the guy know more about our bikes, and has tried more modifications than anyone on this forum. He works for Dan Kyle, he races, he has tons of technical knowledge, and the mods page we always refer too around here is his creation.

http://www.rc51.org/mod.htm

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
I've pm'd so many users asking dumb questions that I'm sure they've been asked a hundred times, but they were super nice and helped me out! Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Rule#1

There are no dumb questions regarding the RC51.

Rule#2

There is always room for another oil, tire, suspension thread or two.

Oh and treat people kindly as you never know who might be the guy on here with the correct answer.;)

·
Banned
3,633 Posts
Guys I have to admit I really like LDH...ok so he's a wee bit abrasive, ok he can be a down right ass but he knows his shit about the RC.

Someone like LDH is a good man to have on out site, being a retailer and a wealth of knowledge.

Oh and his lovely disposition is like a warm ray of sunshine!

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lol, see! Another reason I say I haven't had the 'pleasure' yet.
I'd much rather deal with a smart ass than a dumb ass.

·
Banned
3,633 Posts
Luckyadam12...this a very unique site, a bit of an anomaly. I'm on quite a few different site for a few different topics and this by far is HOME.

Good folks all converged on the best bike in the last 15 years...imo anyway.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I don't even own an RC but my 919 is slowly getting more and more RC parts grafted to it (Frankenbike style) and everytime I've had a question about measurements or tracking down bits and pieces people have always been helpful (and nice). Just wanted to add my thank you to this thread

Dan

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Luckyadam12...this a very unique site, a bit of an anomaly. I'm on quite a few different site for a few different topics and this by far is HOME.

Good folks all converged on the best bike in the last 15 years...imo anyway.
I agree! I have noticed it's totally different, hence the reason for the thread.
I haven't spent a lot of time in here in the past.
Partially, because I just got the most amazing bike every in March, but I've been looking
for years.

I find myself on this forum now more than the others, and I'm never disappointed.
If this was a bike shop, you guys would have my business for life!!!

P.S. your customer service skills are off the charts!!
:)

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
Yeah, definitely the place to be; you're totally understanding what the flavour is here, Adam. No stress, just a great place to enjoy & share the goodness of RC51's!

·
Premium Member
4,560 Posts
Adam, you have already met most of our regulars and are becoming one yourself ! :eek::D
The people on this forum are a special breed.
This is the only forum I am on... speedzilla for me is classifieds only.

The stand up people I have dealt with here are all class A chaps in my book.
Awesome flavor here from around the whole world united by one thing - The Honda RC 51.

Also Adam, was glad to hear you got the Sato's and were pleased with them. Enjoy those ! :cool:
Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Matt! They are beautiful man, absolutely beautiful!

I've always felt like people should be treated the way as if what I say could make or break that person.
RC51 Woot Woot!!!

·
Registered
608 Posts
We need LDH to come on here and say something to the tune of 'the bike is still a piece of shit and you guys just need to go somewhere and screw one another'. And then he will post some pics of his wife on her bike and brag about her. Then he will piss back off into obscurity for a while. Lol. He knows his technical stuff about the bike though. I'll always sit up and listen when he gets technical.

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
I agree, this forum is great.

I've trolled forums for my truck, Cadillac Escalade, and I'm sure we can all assume what those threads are like. No real mechanical incite or camaraderie. Only the guys with tens of thousands invested have real followers.

Here, the new guy with either a unmolested OEM bike, or a once stunted bike, or even a "barn find" bike gets the same input and or advice as the regulars. Some may catch some flack for not using the search function or for starting another "what oil" or "tire" thread, but it's all in good fun and eventually they get pointed to their answer.

Personally, I feel a sense of brotherhood among us here. Hell even more than my own Facebook page.

To all my fellow members, who has made this forum what it is, thank you.

James

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Some may catch some flack for not using the search function or for starting another "what oil" or "tire" thread, but it's all in good fun and eventually they get pointed to their answer.
Sent from Motorcycle.com App

Yup!!! I've been there!!!
http://www.rc51forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17625

Got to the point where I wanted to knock the shit out of someone last night for the first time here; some of you know I'm sure, but that's life on the forums, right?

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
^ I saw that. Like Madbuyer said, don't feed the animals. That one definitely strayed away from another zoo. Not too much of that normally. If you see him again, don't post. Dont react. If you do, even to be nice, it's just fuel on his imaginary fire. The word troll comes to mind...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts