RC51 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
I would say probably due to a couple of things.
1) You and your buddy doing wheelies in traffic.
2) Doing said stunts on an RC51.

I would not suggest doing those stunts in FL.
They enacted a whole freight car of laws last year just because of those antics.
If your front tire even thinks about leaving the pavement, it will cost you $1500 and court time. On the 3rd offense, you lose your license for 10 years and you give your bike to the state (aka they confiscate it).

Plus the cops now see bikes as a profit center and hide behind every blade of grass with their radar guns. Whereas before, they didn't much care unless blatant.

So while your skill at lofting and holding the front down the highway is appreciated, the misery your buddies have brought down on the rest of us is not.

Find a local track and do track days. Lots more fun and challenging.

However, nice RC51.
Just please don't throw it down the road. It's too nice of a bike.

·
Registered
17 Posts
These bikes have two wheels for a reason. What a lot of people don't realize is that when you do extended wheelies like that...the oil does not properly lubricate a few major parts....you'll eventually damage that engine. Nice bike tho.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Damn son I hope you are fire proof cause the flames are on their way :eek:
+1

very skilful, but completely irresponsible. As has already been said, its this kind of behaviour that makes the law focus on bikers.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
havent wheelied scence Ive joined the NESR

I understand what everyone is saying ,scence Ive joined the NESR (NEW ENGLAND STREET RIDERS) I havent lifted the front wheel . I respect the streets alot more now . Ive recently purchesed 5 trackdays and gear. I plan on getting my race lisence and racing in 2011.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Nice one dude :)

Will look out for your track day pics & vids :D

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
I understand what everyone is saying ,scence Ive joined the NESR (NEW ENGLAND STREET RIDERS) I havent lifted the front wheel . I respect the streets alot more now . Ive recently purchesed 5 trackdays and gear. I plan on getting my race lisence and racing in 2011.
Now THAT's what I'm talking about!!
Good on ya. :)

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
I would say probably due to a couple of things.
1) You and your buddy doing wheelies in traffic.
2) Doing said stunts on an RC51.

I would not suggest doing those stunts in FL.
They enacted a whole freight car of laws last year just because of those antics.
If your front tire even thinks about leaving the pavement, it will cost you $1500 and court time. On the 3rd offense, you lose your license for 10 years and you give your bike to the state (aka they confiscate it).

Plus the cops now see bikes as a profit center and hide behind every blade of grass with their radar guns. Whereas before, they didn't much care unless blatant.

So while your skill at lofting and holding the front down the highway is appreciated, the misery your buddies have brought down on the rest of us is not.

Find a local track and do track days. Lots more fun and challenging.

However, nice RC51.
Just please don't throw it down the road. It's too nice of a bike.
What Sub said. Don't forget the insanely high insurance rates that we all end up paying because of this behavior. TAKE HIS ADVICE and go do track days. It will immediately show you how much you don't know...and have yet to learn...

·
Registered
30 Posts
+1 on the trackdays and not doing wheelies in traffic. Like one of the previous posts said, chance of engine damage from lack of oiling. And pay close attention to the video at around 50 seconds. The large SUV that almost merged into your buddy's bike. You put yourself in enough danger by just riding your bike among the careless drivers who don't pay attention anyway. But running at excessive speed on just the back wheel among traffic doesn't give you many options for escape. Glad to hear you refrain from such activities now. Just don't want to hear of another biker going down due to their own actions. Good luck with the racing.

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
If you want to go out somewhere in BFE and stunt, more power to you (more labor and parts for the bike though) but to take it upon yourself to put other people's lives and equipment in danger is bull. Do not get me wrong, I have respect for people who can pull it up and keep it up. However, when they do it in an area with non-consenting individuals around, they lose all respect. Glad to see you have seen the light and do the dangerous stuff where it belongs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts