RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi one and all..

i am awaiting a set of durbahn sliders..

i am aware that fitting them to my sp2 will require the relocation of my fuse box ..

if any one has done this what method did you adopt ? i still have OEM radiators so i was thinking some sort of bracket ?

i have seen the playdough method to assess were to drill the pilot hole on a rc51 page at some point will this be the best way ?

thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
the best way is with a laser. take the plastic off, mount the slider, aim the laser dead center on the slider (making sure it's level etc), then dismount the slider and remount the plastic. that's the most precise method by far

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
Why are the Durbahns better than the others?

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
they don't sit as low on the bike.

using the forward motor mounts puts the sliders way too low on the bike and in a lot of cases will tip the bike up on its tank. i never bothered with sliders on the 51 for that reason, they don't help.

thorsten mounted a set higher up on the frame so they won't pitch the bike and damage the tank

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
Got it, thanks for explaining.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
good morning one and all on the update ...durbahn sliders installed no real problem to report the fun was always going to be cutting the plastics

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i managed to lend a dewalt laser level and 51mm hole saw + arbour from work .

i then set about potentially destroying a nice set of honda OEM panels :( i honestly could not bring my self to do this to the side panels i had so i purchased a second handset and the once that were fitted are now stashed away ..

the photos can do the talking from here .. i am happy with the results tho ..

next job is painting ... then to fit new acoustic foam and heat protection..

then theres stickers to address ....

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hi ezno there from a third party not Thorsten as i had no luck with him or his web sight ..

·
Registered
73 Posts
they don't sit as low on the bike.

using the forward motor mounts puts the sliders way too low on the bike and in a lot of cases will tip the bike up on its tank. i never bothered with sliders on the 51 for that reason, they don't help.

thorsten mounted a set higher up on the frame so they won't pitch the bike and damage the tank
Hah.

This is pretty much what happened to my RC51 with the Shoguns when I had a guy put his front wheel into my leg a couple of weeks ago.

Wondered why there was so much damage up high; I actually thought the slider saved the radiator, but odds are it just tipped it onto it. Shame I don't have the original engine bolts to put it back to stock at this point. :)

Thanks Wibbly. Good info, as always -- here and over on the RC8 forums.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i was just at the right place at the right time .. i planned on getting them from thorsten durbahn but there seams to be problems with contacting him ?Durbahn Home try your luck ?

i do hope that these sliders stop the tipping onto the tank tho .. as thats what stopped me fitting the R&G .. or tho i did fit R&G swing arm spools and bar ends also front axel sliders ..

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
That's some high tech stuff there B, looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
73 Posts
Interestingly, I e-mailed Durbahn and got a response immediately that he is still making these, but needs to fab some more brackets. I think I'm in for a set.

My $2000 racebike is getting more and more expensive every day. Bugger.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts