RC51 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new Ducati Panigale 899 provides and interesting comparison to the RC51. V-twin to V-twin. Less cc's but the march of new technology and manufacturing improvements. It specs out nice in comparison, and has some great weight #'s with good hp (comparatively), though I'm sure the RC51 will have a much stronger low end and mid range punch.

What are you thoughts?

Read here, google for more info.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/619/16965/Motorcycle-Article/2014-Ducati-899-Panigale-First-Look.aspx

http://www.cycleworld.com/2013/09/09/2014-ducati-899-panigale-first-look-review-photos-specs/

·
Registered
198 Posts
Nothing compares to my RC. Honda Got it right the first time, Ducati is still trying to get it right with fancy names and those odd numbers like Extrapolator said. Don't get me wrong, I like Duc's and will one day find a decently priced not too bad off 1198 to put in the stable but It will be parked behind my 2000,03,04 and 06 RC51's that I plan on having also.
Ducati/Panigale = New Ferrari
RC51 = Vintage Mercedes Gullwing

Any Justin Beebs with money can buy a ferrari and think hes cool and be a menace with money in a hot machine. Only a special Gentleman with a fine eye would want to own, maintain and properly handle a classic Beautiful Machine such as a Vintage Gullwing.

That's just how I envision it...... Gentlemen. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Nothing compares to my RC. Honda Got it right the first time, Ducati is still trying to get it right with fancy names and those odd numbers like Extrapolator said. Don't get me wrong, I like Duc's and will one day find a decently priced not too bad off 1198 to put in the stable but It will be parked behind my 2000,03,04 and 06 RC51's that I plan on having also.
Ducati/Panigale = New Ferrari
RC51 = Vintage Mercedes Gullwing

Any Justin Beebs with money can buy a ferrari and think hes cool and be a menace with money in a hot machine. Only a special Gentleman with a fine eye would want to own, maintain and properly handle a classic Beautiful Machine such as a Vintage Gullwing.

That's just how I envision it...... Gentlemen. ;)

Interesting comparison...I guess that makes the new RC1000V = Mercedes SLS (supercar at a super price)?

Now if Honda can release something for the average man...hmmmmm

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
Actually, I think they're underpowered from most of what I've read. Mind, most magazine tests don't give much of what the actual bike is really made of for real world meanings. Better to ride for yourself and use one's own judgement IMO. so where does a body sign up?:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
Looks nice & is no doubt a blast to ride - I'd have one if someone gave it to me.
But I wouldn't buy one. Italian and considerable electronics that need part of the intake's air flow to cool them would concern me... Since when have Italians been good at electronics, hmmmm?

·
Registered
897 Posts
Its pretty slick looking, I bet its a hoot to ride too, 60+ pounds less than the ol piggy, and more hp and torque, AND its a vtwin! Still no rc tho...I envision my rc as being a 1964 Shelby Daytona coupe, and the ducati being a range rover. Rich kids....

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts