RC51 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody was hoping for alittle imput on different types of oil, i'm running 20w-50 synthetic blend repsol right now,but heres my ? I live in South Carolina on the coast in a small town were it gets pretty hot here in the summer, alot of stop and go traffic, a guy was telling me to try 10W-40 fully synthetic what are some thoughts on that, also amsoil was recommended what do you guys think, I know i def. want to go to fully synthetic but some advice would be cool. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
6,483 Posts
Some may differ, but I've run full synthetic in everything I've owned since 1975, when Mobil-1 came out.
When I changed over to full synthetic in my Isuzu Trooper, I gained 2 MPG, which I verified with my mileage records.
It's especially needed in air-cooled engines due to higher operating temperature range.
The Mobil-1 4T 10W40 for bikes is around $9/liter at Autozone on average.

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
I've used Mobil 1 Full synthetic in my Audi, Subaru STI
My RC I use Amsoil and really like it.
My Aprilia i special order Agip (9.99 a liter). i have to have it shipped so i try to buy in bulk, but may give something else a try.
Not sure what i will use in the BMW yet, Dealer did the first oil change at 600 miles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts