RC51 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i understand how these two adjustments work, but why would you want/need to adjust them? just curiosity

·
Registered
184 Posts
My guess is maybe with some extreme modifications you might need to adjust them. Like super high compression and a radical cam in a v8, it doesn't idle like it used to. Or to compensate for mechanical wear over time. Or its just part of a general run casting and its a way to save some weight in the future by deleting them. I might be completely wrong but just thinking out loud! lube it all up a little

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My guess is maybe with some extreme modifications you might need to adjust them. Like super high compression and a radical cam in a v8, it doesn't idle like it used to. Or to compensate for mechanical wear over time. Or its just part of a general run casting and its a way to save some weight in the future by deleting them. I might be completely wrong but just thinking out loud! lube it all up a little
good idea, thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,239 Posts
You are never supposed to adjust those screws.
These are there so that the assembly line can adjust the throttle in combination with the TPS sensor when they put together the throttle bodies.
However, Honda doesn't provide accurate values for adjusting the TPS in the service manual. Tempering with those screws will result to faulty throttle reading by the ECU.
You'll probably need another set of throttle bodies afterwards.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts