RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up everyone i was just curious what kinda of tires everyone is running on their bikes

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
Currently running Conti RaceAttack Streets in 120/70-17 and 190/55-17.
When they wear out, will shift over to lower cost tires.
Either Conti SportAttacks or Bridgestone BT-016 which are about the same price.

I'd love to continue using Pirelli Corsa III's, but they got too expensive.
Here in Florida, no matter how to try, you wear out the middle of the tire too quickly.
So it hurts when you have hardly worn sides and worn out middles.

·
Registered
26 Posts
i am giving the rosso's a try they stick as good as corsa III and last longer so far so good but had a nice 90 mph turn on it and it felt good now just got to push faster

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i ran the dibalo rosso and loved them for handling but i want a tire that handles good but last a long time i only got about 5000 miles out of the rosso on the rear tire was thinking of running diablo strada's but didn't know if they got any better milage than the rosso i think jgoso929 said he was running strada's not sure if that was on this forum or on speedzilla

·
Registered
7 Posts
I recently put a Pilot Power on the rear and i'm impressed, I even went from a 190/50 to a 180/55 and it turns in like a dream and inspires confidence.

·
Registered
26 Posts
5000 is decent for a torque monster alot of sport bike tires you are looking at getting 3-4000 miles cause if you want really good grip they wear fast i had stradas on my fz1 and i liked them they held all way over tell i hit gravel then they failed but i did drag my plastic will they still stuck on them good wear life also

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i had them on my 07 gsxr but guess i'll just have to try them out and see how they do compared to the rosso's

·
Registered
389 Posts
i know you didn't ask, but i haven't worn a set of road 2s out yet:cool:

macadams lasted 10-12kms on my old gixxer 750s. roads lasted 17kms on my gixxer 1000.

my 98 gix750 came with a dunlop 207. it lasted 3500kms!!! i took it easy for the first 1600kms to break the engine in. mind you, after that i lived on one wheel! that was the last soft tire i've had.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lol you know them sound like good number but means jibberish to me i only do mile not kilometers damn american's lol

·
Registered
85 Posts
I just got 4,000 miles out of the BT016's that I had.
The V-Twin is hard on tires and I don't help matters either, I am acceleration junky. :D
I just ordered a new set from compacc.com for $260 with free shipping; 120/50 front and a 190/50 rear tire.

·
Registered
389 Posts
i don't ride too hard any more. i'm getting old, 36. i don't use the tire out to the edge. my chicken strips are fairly narrow though. when i had macadams i noticed they were not sticky. then the pilot roads came out and they were an improvement. they felt better and lasted longer. now the road 2s are out and they are another improvement. i won't reach the road 2s limit.

to me the extra mileage far outweighs the loss in grip. it's not even close.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I had no chicken strips I my tires that I just had replaced.
I am an old fart that rides hard, but now I have to break in fresh tires...not fun!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts