RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Titanium or Black??? ***UPDATE***

Ok so I asked a few people on Facebook (rc51 Fans) what looked better. Titanium or Black exhaust on my rc.

Here are the pics.

And well I went with black. I love the black look.

What do you all think??

Stiff

UPDATE is my last post....

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
Personally don't like it, fan of the raw shine of titanium...but just my personal preference.

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Ok so I asked a few people on Facebook (rc51 Fans) what looked better. Titanium or Black exhaust on my rc.

Here are the pics.

And well I went with black. I love the black look.

What do you all think??

Stiff

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

To each their own stiff... IMHO if you can make it look like it came that way and not backyardish then I'm sure it'll look hella sick😝😎

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
15 Posts
I vote ti!

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
I dislike the blacked out look, Titanium should not be covered up.

Sorry to say, I can not refinish the system for you now as you PM messaged me about as you have had it coated now.

·
Premium Member
2,322 Posts
agreed, i still think raw Ti looks alot better...... if it was stainless steel maybe

one less set of mint Satos in the world :(

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Stiffler, how about trying a different black? One that more closely matches the race black color on the front fairing. To me, the black you have looks like bbq paint. It's so flat it doesn't look right. imo.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry I should have explained more to everyone about the paint etc..

the pictures im showing is just to show the Tit and the black difference. I like the Tit look but for one it doesnt match anything on the bike and it was rubbed and scratched so it looked terrible. unless I sent it to DHC for a make over I had to do something.

The black that I painted it with is NOT the finished product. It was just a quick spray to see. I can actually rub it off of there without harm to the tit if I want. I just wanted to see what it looked like.

I do how ever like the black so I will be getting a different color black (satin not flat) and like said above I will try my best to match it to the black decals on the front and back of the machine. and I will leave the mid pipes flat like it is now.

I do agree with everyone, right now it looks like BBQ paint. of course it does look better in person than pics but this is just temporary until I get the other paint and properly bake it on...

Ill show pics when it is the finished product..

thanks all

Stiff

PS if I have to I will take it in and get it properly powder coated...guy said he can do it for $50

1 - 20 of 22 Posts