RC51 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for someone in Phoenix area or really anywhere that can weld and or bend titanium tubing. I'm redesigning the slip ons. Running both stacked and staggered down the right side. I already have the design and getting the material now to start on. I'm building the cans and everything fron scratch except the inner tubes for the cans. I just need a good welder and bender. After I get the prototype done i'm going to dyno and map it and if it does well then I may start fabricating them to sell. Hopefully all goes well.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I just need a little help with the rest. I'm trying to take it a little slow to make everything turn out the way I want. As soon as I get done with a couple of bikes in the garage i'll get more time to play with this project.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I can do most of the remove/replace type stuff but Im not much for fabricating.. Ill be intrested in seeing your progress..

·
Registered
27 Posts
i may have a guy in the chicago area that can do the welds for cheap if youre interested let me know and ill get back to you with the details, not sure if hes got the equipment necessary for titanium...

·
Registered
113 Posts
i agree good luck on the project it might be nice to know if there is someone around that has the equipment to do that could be useful for future projects someone might come up with :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
the most easy way i can think would be to buy J-bends and cut and weld the joints with a TIG welder , just use a large gas lens on the torch. Good Luck

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've already ordered some titanium mid pipes for atv's and dirt bikes that have different bends and flanges in them. When I get them all I have to do is some cutting and hopefully everything works out and it goes back together without to much problem. I also have the 3" titanium tubing on the way for the mufflers. That will be fun also because I have to figure out a way to make basically a cap or cup for the end pieces. I have some ideas, but if it comes down to it I will cut circles and wels a flange on to it. We'll see when I get to that part. Ought to be fun though!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts