RC51 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it normal that a RC51 vibrates from the front suspension? :confused:

I've had CBRs and VFRs and a lot of bikes but never felt any weird movement in the front suspension,I checked the front rim and it feel a little movement, the bike is using Dunlop D 208 OEM tire ( too old) and I'm goingto replace it next week, it has the bard ends placed and everything is ok,
The brake disks are ok,not bended and there is a little scratch on a side of the rim, I noted that the tire has an irregular marks on the thread maybe it was used with too low air pressure.

If I drive slow I can not note any movement but at 80kmh and more I feel like hand shaking, I took off the hands and the bike goes straigth and not charged to any direction (left or rigth).

any suggestion please??

·
Super Moderator
6,485 Posts
I have never liked the tread pattern on the Dunlop D207 or D208 tires.
When those tires start to wear a bit they develop a side to side vibration.

I had a Buell XB9R that came stock with D207.
I always had to keep one hand on the bars to keep them from developing a high frequency wiggle in the bars. If I didn't, it would start to develop a head shake.

I thought the tire or wheel was out of balance, or the steering head bearings were worn.
However I tried replacing the tires with Pirelli Diablos and the problem went away.

I would try replacing the D208 with a tire using a different tread pattern.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have never liked the tread pattern on the Dunlop D207 or D208 tires.
When those tires start to wear a bit they develop a side to side vibration.

I had a Buell XB9R that came stock with D207.
I always had to keep one hand on the bars to keep them from developing a high frequency wiggle in the bars. If I didn't, it would start to develop a head shake.

I thought the tire or wheel was out of balance, or the steering head bearings were worn.
However I tried replacing the tires with Pirelli Diablos and the problem went away.

I would try replacing the D208 with a tire using a different tread pattern.
Thanks a lot for the information.
I I was thinking to replace the tire for a Michelin Pilot Power but will consider to get a Pirelli Diablo instead,.
Do you have a link or information about the tire balancing? There is no way to balance my tire in town at the Honda dealer and I want to know how to do it in case, there are machines in tire repair shops but they dont have the adapter for the center of the rim.

Thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts