RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. It's been a while since I had a damn good reason to join a new forum but this is the best I've had in a while. In 1999 at the tender age of 19, being (young and impressionable) I was on the way home from hooking up with a gal in Canton, OH on a nipple-shattering October Sunday early AM. I was on the way home fast.
So when I slowed down to pass these two cars and make sure they weren't cops, decided they weren't, and dropped the hammer again only to blister pass the State Trooper (who's headlights were just poking out of the median), then decided to run (my buddies all told me if you get stopped over 100 they take the bike anyway) only to get arrested at gunpoint, (scratching my pretty new helmet in the process..)two things happened.
1. First time I'd ever gotten in trouble for anything, how I didn't soil myself I'll never know.
2. My deposit on my New,in-the-crate, 2000 RC51 was now going to be allocated for attorney's fees.
It took me 11 years, a 2004 954 that got stolen,a 2004 Superhawk that I had to trade in, lots of ups and downs, but I finally have my RC.
It's not new, I don't have the crate, and it's lost it's original paint and decal scheme along the way but it's been taken care of, never raced, and never downed. Thankfully it's just a black metallic.
Mods include a Power Commander III, Micron Full Exhaust System, and some sort of fender Eliminator system. When I got the bike the taillight didn't work. (brakes lights did.)
So I pulled the entire tail apart expecting the worst like everything else I've ever purchased used. I was happy to find that the wiring was done well. I do have a couple extra connectors I'll need to identify but that's just me being anal. Turns out the P/O or the prior one tied into the rear brake light switch for the running lights/license plate light and just burned out the lamps. 2 minute re-route and some bulbs later and we're all good.
I haven't had a chance to ride it (like really ride it) yet while I get it all dialed in but I'm looking forward to it. Whenever that may be. I need a new rear tire due to the commuter-flat in it but we're almost there. New exhaust band on the left rear, HID kit and we're rockin'. I am looking forward to owning one now with a decade of data on it out there.
Regards,
Animal

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
nice. welcome bro.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, 5 months in between posts is better than nothing I guess.
I'll reintroduce myself since the last didn't take.
Shortly after posting the above information I had an appt at the DMV to go get my license back. I earned a DUI early 09, my first and last for certain. Cali is in such bad shape that even playing by the rules, and doing everything right they managed to lose paper work. twice. And I managed to get injured on my day job which took me out and forbid working my 2nd job as nightclub security til I healed up. al said it was 2 years of my life. The icing on the cake was me being under the impression that everything was right, and sauntered into the DMV expecting to be riding my bike real soon.
Nope.
Turns out when I tore the tendons in my arm taking down a thief at work (was my job) that caused me to be unable to attend those DUI "classes" for a while, I was dropped. Even though I informed them the nature of the absence. DMV informed me that I would have to be done with all aspects of the program to get my DL back.

That point arrived last Friday.
First ride was to Carmichael Honda to get a Tire and then freedom. Sweet Freedom.
I appreciate all the " WHERE ARE YOU ??!! WE miss you!!!" automated notifications.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
well.....welcome back. sounds like you've had some rough times and made some stupid mistakes. but we've all made mistakes....hope thats the last of it so you can keep enjoying your RC. ride safe.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey all: well just picked up a well used sp2 for track days. Gonna be a whole bunch of days before I can the 51 ready to go. No body work, pretty much everything else there. Going to do a ground up...er wheels up rebuild. Will post pictures as soon as possible. Looking forward to the forum....

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
cool, congrats and welcome to the forum

·
Registered
114 Posts
Welcome aboard Animal. You sound like me when it comes to this bike. The RC if my 2nd favorite bike ever made, PERIOD! And after dreaming and wanting one so badly for so long, that dream came true for me last year.....at the cost of a wife. But oh well. I'm happier now anyway.
By the way, that bike looks sick w/the ghost markings in it. Nice ride!

·
Registered
606 Posts
welcome...this is a GREAT bunch of guys !!

·
Registered
90 Posts
I totally agree with the wife thing. I booted the cheating skank and bought me a girl that never talks back. Just bucks you off once in a while when you don't treat her right. lol! Welcome Animal! I feel you on the Cali mess. I left in 01 right after I saw my first RC at Honda of Orange.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Guys. Steep Learning Curve so far but man this bike is great.
I need to get a chain and sprocket set ASAP though.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Elk Grove California SP2 says welcome to the forum.
Now is the time to think first before you act out again yes?
No need to cause yourself more duress before you start enjoying the best roads in the state.
Keep something in reserve for a acclaimation period of ... well you know.

·
Registered
118 Posts
wow, what a story...glad you fullfilled your dreams. btw I almost shit myself when I saw the helmet:eek:

Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
158 Posts
ha, welcome back bro. do your thing, and be safe. fun bike for sure.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts