Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
this is some good riding today

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you know the roads , i was home buy 12:30 pm so it was just getting hot , went to mosquito ridge , and 2 cops where sitting at the beginning and gave me a bad look so i just turned around and left , didnt want to ruin a good day but every other was great

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
you know the roads , i was home buy 12:30 pm so it was just getting hot , went to mosquito ridge , and 2 cops where sitting at the beginning and gave me a bad look so i just turned around and left , didnt want to ruin a good day but every other was great
Have you noticed how we have 'cop days' now? And we also have 'no cop days'. Yesterday was a cop day. Everywhere I drove, I saw cops out in force. On the days I don't notice cops diriving around, I won't see any!! (ok, with rare exception)
Sounds good that you listened to your instinct! And glad to hear no hassles with the man.
I feel like cops and CHP are being used as revenue collecting thugs by the higher-ups and greazy political muckety-mucks.

Glad you had a good ride, I love it when I can do the mid-week-sneak!

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
Have you noticed how we have 'cop days' now? And we also have 'no cop days'. Yesterday was a cop day. Everywhere I drove, I saw cops out in force. On the days I don't notice cops diriving around, I won't see any!! (ok, with rare exception)
Sounds good that you listened to your instinct! And glad to hear no hassles with the man.
I feel like cops and CHP are being used as revenue collecting thugs by the higher-ups and greazy political muckety-mucks.

Glad you had a good ride, I love it when I can do the mid-week-sneak!

I think your feelings are right on target.
The states are hurting due to the economy and are looking for any way to pad the coffers.

Also, because of the cuts and budget restrictions, many local police agencies are cutting back on staff and officers.

So each officer has to justify his existence. So the more revenue he generates in the name of "safety", the better his chances of keeping a job.

Down here you never saw so many cops with radar guns after the economy tanked. Before, usually only during rush hour.

I see it frequently here during the peak snowbird season.
You fee like a TV dinner with all the microwaves beaming from behind every blade of grass.

The irony is they will slap a ticket on you in hurry for going 5 or 10 over, but hardly ever do anything to the real driving menace here, the elderly driver and cell phone talkers.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
I think your feelings are right on target.
The states are hurting due to the economy and are looking for any way to pad the coffers.

The irony is they will slap a ticket on you in hurry for going 5 or 10 over, but hardly ever do anything to the real driving menace here, the elderly driver and cell phone talkers.
Yes. Which was my point behind pleading out of a speeding ticket. All the gov. want is money.

If your caught pony up AFTER talking to the prosecutor;)

Week day rides are the best....traffic is non-existent where I ride.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes. Which was my point behind pleading out of a speeding ticket. All the gov. want is money.

If your caught pony up AFTER talking to the prosecutor;)

Week day rides are the best....traffic is non-existent where I ride.
weekdays here there are more cops , weekend less cops . and placer county cops are where we ride a lot and there hard up for $$$

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
weekdays here there are more cops , weekend less cops . and placer county cops are where we ride a lot and there hard up for $$$
That's a pretty accurate pulse.
Weekends and holidays mean OT.
My gripe is the obvious targeting I see placer county and sacramento county doing. they pull you over, give you the safety lecture, then act like your getting only a warning. After 3 pull-overs in 1 month, I respectfully barked back at the CHP 'No it isn't free! There's a $25 admin fee attached to the warning." He said 'Yeah, but that goes back to your cities and counties"

Oh really? :confused: Really :confused: Do tell...

Arggggghhhh.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts