RC51 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,322 Posts
Beautiful bike! Uk always gets the good colors!

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
Great that you've finally been able to ride it without having to call assistance!
Looked like a nice day to ride.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Think you may have the wrong person there.
I've never had to call assistance ;)

The weather was great that day with it topping out at 30 deg C. (very rare over here)
It was good to actually feel the tyre dig in.

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
Think you may have the wrong person there.
I've never had to call assistance ;)

The weather was great that day with it topping out at 30 deg C. (very rare over here)
It was good to actually feel the tyre dig in.
Now that you mention it, you're right. It's your other countryman Polarbear I was thinking of.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a few other video's from later on that day on my favourite roads, but I don't want to post them, as they are a little more erm spirited should I say.

I had a go on my mates Gixxer 750 after that photo was taken, and it did feel a bit gutless compared to the SP1, but once I stopped riding it like a V-Twin or a 1000cc super bike, it really was as quick as I thought it would be.

Agree with Polarbear, the weather over here has been great this summer, I just wish I had more time to make the most of it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well, I just bought my 2000 and before I could ride it the weather turned crappy. So its gonna be a long winter of going in the garage and looking at it.... damn

·
Registered
22 Posts
52>63f today.. cloudy a few drizzles. Good enough to ride the RC so it got to go to work today.

Coming in this morning I was seeing 90-94 on the speedo as my general cruise speed. I reckon that to be about 80-83 and I am tailing a few cars. I have checked it on a gps and remember I am getting into the danger zone of above 78 or so if I am crossing 90. (yes a Speedo healer is on the Christmas list) I do catch what I think is a crown vic profile a ways back as I am pulling from the left lane back into the middle. I drop to indicated 90-91. That leaves a few cars pulling away and barely overtaking a few others. Sure nuf, it is a SHP car. He pulls along side of me, we both nod at each other and he moves on down the road. (limit is 65).

OK... time to head out in the dark for the 40 miles home. Traffic maps suggest I 40 is clogged the first 5 miles so I will have to go alternate routes.

Have a great day guys (any gurls on here?????)

NCS

Clearly I posted this in the wrong section..... well life is short.

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
That's the spirit - these bikes work so much better at some speed.

There was one girl rebuilding a crashed bike, but she disappeared it seems.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Awesome video sp1jock. Love the scenery. Everytime I saw a car coming down the right lane I pooped a little haha

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 17 of 17 Posts