RC51 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in LOVE!!!

It was 70 degrees this afternoon so it was perfect.
We rode out about 5 o'clock and I just got back.
Night riding was just awesome, it was 60 degrees with light traffic so I was very comfortable.

This is the first street bike I have owned and the first bike I have been on in 10 years so I was a little weary about a liter bike the first time out, now I am hooked.
The RC has such a sweet rumble and gear whine when plenty of power to grow in to.

I bought the bike off of a friend of mine, it is an 05 with;
5360 miles
Sargent seat
Jardine slip ons
PC III
K&N filters
Brand new tires
And all fliuds, flushed and fresh

I couldn't be happier, I will get some pix up tomorrow when we go cruise.
Right now it is time for a hot shower and some streching, yes I am sore as hell, but it hurst so good! :D

·
Premium Member
6,481 Posts
I love spring and fall.
The weather is so nice to ride in.
Soon (too soon) the FL steam bath will be upon me.
This weekend it's going to be 80 Deg F.
Catch me if you can...there's riding to be done.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know what you mean Sub, I grew up in Tampa and Davie which is just west of Ft. Lauderdale.
It gets down right hot in FL, I remember wearing a coat to school in the winter and carrying the damn thing home, LOL.

I was 13 in Davie and the Honda 185S three-wheeler and YZ125 where a blast in the glades. :D

I am heading out soon, there is supposed to be about 8 of us riding today, it should be a blast.

Have fun today guys, I know I will, it will be a high of 77 today with lots of sun. :D

·
Premium Member
6,481 Posts
I know what you mean Sub, I grew up in Tampa and Davie which is just west of Ft. Lauderdale.
It gets down right hot in FL, I remember wearing a coat to school in the winter and carrying the damn thing home, LOL.

I was 13 in Davie and the Honda 185S three-wheeler and YZ125 where a blast in the glades. :D

I am heading out soon, there is supposed to be about 8 of us riding today, it should be a blast.

Have fun today guys, I know I will, it will be a high of 77 today with lots of sun. :D
Do you still live in FL?

·
Registered
2 Posts
JRT glad to hear everything is going well with the RC being your first street bike. I'm in a similar position, having never ridden on the street and have just been riding my crf450r casually the past two years. I'm hitting the street this summer and I'm considering the RC51 as my first street bike and share the obvious concerns with hoping right onto a liter bike. Glad to hear you're having success, good luck and continue to be safe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts