RC51 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, hopefully this is the place to post this, if not please move mods.

I've bought and sold from some of you gents on here for about a year now I think, I know a couple of you have mentioned lending a tool here and there so if that still stands I would like to borrow a couple please.

Im wanting to remove my forks again so if someone has a stem tool that would be great or Im resorting to using a screw driver and a rubber mallet, its not pretty at that point. Also that huge socket 32mm I think....

Swing Arm removal, I've no idea what tool to use but I'm thinking it will be similar to the steering stem tool.

I think thats it, any advice welcome... Not taking the engine off, thought I'd spare myself that heart ache.

Will pay for shipping and buy you a new tool if I some how break it or it gets lost in the post.

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
The Stig has the FORUMS swingarm / engine castle nut tool that I donated to the cause of exactly this, a member in need.

PM him for use of it.

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Hi Rossco,

Got your PM. I still haven't used the tool, but I only need it to check the torque tightness of the new Titanium swing arm spindle assembly in place. Working on my VFR project this weekend and doing my best not to get distracted with other things - so I'll tighten up the spindle early next week sometime and can then post the tool onto yourself. PM me your address and tel no details. Postage will be $12 I think (4 day delivery EMS).

Thanks for the community spirit as always Duck! :D

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
Hi, hopefully this is the place to post this, if not please move mods.

I've bought and sold from some of you gents on here for about a year now I think, I know a couple of you have mentioned lending a tool here and there so if that still stands I would like to borrow a couple please.

Im wanting to remove my forks again so if someone has a stem tool that would be great or Im resorting to using a screw driver and a rubber mallet, its not pretty at that point. Also that huge socket 32mm I think....

Swing Arm removal, I've no idea what tool to use but I'm thinking it will be similar to the steering stem tool.

I think thats it, any advice welcome... Not taking the engine off, thought I'd spare myself that heart ache.

Will pay for shipping and buy you a new tool if I some how break it or it gets lost in the post.
You don't need to remove the steering stem to remove the forks. :confused:

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
666 Posts
you can buy the swingarm removal tool at ebay..I bought it and turns out didn't need it....if one side is too tight, try the other side...what I did...other side was loose enough to come off w/o tool.

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts