RC51 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope everyone's family and friends are safe during this crazy tornado outbreak.

Seeing today's Oklahoma tornado puts things in a whole new perspective.

Let me know if any of you folks need some assistance.:cool:

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
My family made it out OK. I have an aunt and cousin that live in Moore. Aunt's house is gone but she's fine, cousin got missed by a few blocks. My dad's place got a little shook up on Sunday with the tornado that started in Edmond but all is well there.

Just so happened that we went into contract on a house in Newcastle Monday morning! Talk about heart sinking when you hear a tornado is developing there. It passed about a mile north of our new house.

We all barely escaped the May 3rd storm back in 99. In 03 my brother was chased down the street in Moore by that twister. Moral of the story: no matter how bad the storm is us Okies are that much more strong;)

That or ignorance are why I bought a house smack dab in the middle of the most active tornado region on earth. Well that and I want to get back to doing prn SAR for the local counties.

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glad you checked in and all are in good shape. A storm that huge I know you still know folks affected. I have my tornado stories too. Mostly from a harmless distance, only one semi direct hit....barn blown over:rolleyes::D

Ha...Oklahoma homes without underground shelters, no fecking way. Time to buy an old sea container and bury that bitch.:eek: You might find one or two still floating out in the Pacific.:D

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
I'd love to have one of those conex containers buried in a hill....then I'd have room for the RC should it get a bit nasty.

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd love to have one of those conex containers buried in a hill....then I'd have room for the RC should it get a bit nasty.
I hear ya....I'd live in the damn thing. Some of those "Doomsday Shelters" are nicer than some homes.:cool:

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
This thread is worthless without pics....

View from my cousins house, 5 miles north from our new house ImageUploadedByMO Free1369353068.621576.jpg

Shot off the news taken quite literally over my house. ImageUploadedByMO Free1369353117.204304.jpg

Lookin for folks ImageUploadedByMO Free1369353285.766435.jpg
ImageUploadedByMO Free1369353310.565183.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1369353323.115581.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Amazing photos and even more amazing more folks were not killed.

If it were me....time to dig a deep hole and start that shelter now.:cool:

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Well we do have the best weather folks you can get. The NWS Severe Storm Laboratory is right there in Norman, so there is a large focus on this type of weather. If you grow up in OK you are granted an honorary meteorology degree, lol. These things coupled with a huge storm chaser culture and lessons learned from the past all play a part in the small number of casualties. That being said, those killed were almost all doing the right thing, just so happened it was in a place that couldn't hang with the super strong twister.

I'm going to be installing an underground for the living things and a safe room for the important non living things...mainly supplies, tools, ammo, etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts