RC51 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed my SP2 has a smattering of torx bolts (ie front caliper months), I RTFM'd :laugh: but there no "sizes to get chart"..
So before I head out to the store can anyone avdvise what I'd need to get.
Hate to buy a set and find out there's one size missing...

·
Registered
234 Posts
torx sockets

The caliper bolts take T45 torx and the subframe bolts take T47. Make sure the bit is fully seated before you try to remove because the bolt head is not very deep. I was replacing the subframe bolts and stripped out the last one and wasted about 20 minutes getting it out. I see some torx sets don't always come with the T47 so look out for that. Can't think of any others that take the torx bits.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers pal!!!

Will pick up these 2 then. No point in buying a full set (and my local parts store sells them individually as well...._

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Unless you plan on buying or working on an S1000RR. Damn things are laden with those things...
ktm as well. almost entirely torx.

not going to lie, i like them as far as a fastener goes. much more positive on the tool than allens (especially button heads)

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
one of the many things that i really liked about my rc8 was how easy it was to work on. the bodywork came off really nicely, fasteners were in good spots. definitely well thought out. the only tricky bit was the lower shell on the airbox.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts