RC51 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...Hi everyone, i'm just new to the forum and so excited to have this White/Gray euro version 2005 SP2 with just 8thou kilometer mileage. The bike was like brandnew and it has only a deep scratch on the left side of the tank. I was wondering about the kind of white paint used on it, does anyone knows about the color code or where can i purchase a touch up pen?..Thanks in advance guys...;)

·
Super Moderator
6,483 Posts
If your fender has not been removed or cut for an undertail, the paint color codes are located on a label.
Here's the label location for SP1 an SP2.
The label shows the paint codes for the different colors used.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
...Thanks Subsailor, i'll check this paint brand ColorRite if they have the particular color...great help....:)

·
Super Moderator
6,483 Posts
...Thanks Subsailor, i'll check this paint brand ColorRite if they have the particular color...great help....:)
If you know the paint code, you could either try the dealer or Color-Rite.
Color-Rite sells paint pens for small touch up jobs.
However I'd try the dealer first to see if Honda has touch up paint.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
....I emailed ColorRite but unfortunately they don't have the white paint for the euro Sp2 but they can mix and prepare the color once i got the codes from the bike...Dunno if they will put some additional charge for that, i'll just wait for the next reply :)

·
Super Moderator
6,483 Posts
....I emailed ColorRite but unfortunately they don't have the white paint for the euro Sp2 but they can mix and prepare the color once i got the codes from the bike...Dunno if they will put some additional charge for that, i'll just wait for the next reply :)
I'm checking with UK SP2 owners to obtain their color codes.

·
Super Moderator
6,483 Posts
Thanks rvtjonny, do you have the codes for the white scheme?...my white tank paint was deeply scratched...
From a UK SP2 owner with White/Black scheme, his color codes were:
COLOR NH-196 <-- I'm guessing white, though not sure.
NH196B <-I'm guessing black, but not sure.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
...Thanks guys for helping me out...NH196 is Honda Ross White and they do have it in stock from Color Rite and also comes in a touch up kit...They're going to process my order...

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Glad to hear it. You may find that it's not a perfect match. depends on lighting and how discrimanating your eye is. If so, Color-Rite will work with you to get an acceptable match. The catch: you have to get them a sample of your paint. But if you can manage that, they can pretty much nail it.
Good luck. a picture?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts