RC51 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i just bled my brakes out and now the rear is very touchy. however this is the first ime i have riden the rc since i bought it. it has an aftermarket race setup with the fluid reservoir built in to the master cylinder. i also have a galfer rotor. is this normal or a result of the aftermarket brake stuff? if its the master cylinder. would anyone want to trade their stock setup for my race setup? give me some info and ill post pics in a bit

·
Registered
85 Posts
New pads and rotor may grab more at first. Give it time to bed in before you toss the setup. Unless the master cylinder piston is a different size from stock it should all settle in.
If they are using piston size which is different stock it will alter the pressure or grip on the rotor disk, which would change the feel at the brake pedal. Generally speaking race setups reduce the grip on the rear to help prevent lockups since most of the braking is done with the front brakes.

·
Registered
34 Posts
i just bled my brakes out and now the rear is very touchy. however this is the first ime i have riden the rc since i bought it. it has an aftermarket race setup with the fluid reservoir built in to the master cylinder. i also have a galfer rotor. is this normal or a result of the aftermarket brake stuff? if its the master cylinder. would anyone want to trade their stock setup for my race setup? give me some info and ill post pics in a bit
Im interested and would be willing to swap with you. You talking about just the rear brakes or the front also?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok after fighting i got one pic that i could upload. can anyone please tell me how to put a full page image on here. i tried everything

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts