RC51 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been using my RC51 at Mid Ohio track days for 3 years and just finished another two days yesterday. Its been a joy and a workhorse. I am interested in the experiences of others at track day events. My bike is now a dedicated track bike (Hord motor, magnesium wheels, track plastic) but has finally become almost maintenance free, even with over 1000 miles a year on the track.

Does anyone else have the high speed miss (over 9000 rpm in 5 and 6? I finally learned to live with it, but wonder if anyone has found a reasonably priced fix?

Other comments and questions?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Beaver run is fun and summit point? Do a school get a license and at least be able to do the trackday for the wera or ccs three day events? The miss I cant comment on, I just did a refurb on my bike but the tracktime I had on it before I noticed it seemed weird above 8ish but I ended up learrning the p.o. had a generic mapalso.i was also geared to low. Felt more like clutch slip but it wasnt. And motor sounds were normal.I just ran what I had and had a blast. See ya at summit point this weekend? Tracktime is awesome isnt it?

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
Sorry, I know this is a few months old but you were actually running in 5th and 6th on a track? Our local track is short and tight I know but I have to really stretch it to get into 4th. No miss at high rpm for mine either though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts