Gashed frame and threads ripped out of rearset mounts...
solution - Timeserts and ally heat curing enamel paint!
The swing'arm was just about untouched, but I wanted it polished and stiffened! Can't afford the SP-2 swingger swap! So where you see cardboard will be 3mm ally plate! I took as much off as possible to save on weight before I tacked it all together! I should have it seam welded and fully polished by Tuesday...should!
Cheers! The frame was a bit of a saga! The swing'arm is pretty beefy to begin with, but I little more strength won't hurt! And if I said I didn't do it because it looks better, that would just be a lie! Ha! But its welded back and front. I wouldn't like to guess by how much its gained! The pictures dont show it, but it was cracked from the crash. So it's definitely stiffer now!
Just need to polish it up, press some new bearings in and I'm good to go!
Well you've certainly got a long term project in the works.
Good luck on the project.
Oddly enough, On the SP1 race bike, the swingarm was cut to lessen longitudinal stiffness and the upper ending mount bolt was removed due to too rigid frame.
When the throttle was opened, the swingarm and frame flexed to soften power delivery to the rear tire.
This looks great.
I especially like the way you rejuvenated the frame. Great work there.
I'm also very interested to see how your swingarm turned out.
Keep up the great work.
Post up again when you get a chance.
Sorry for flat lining people!
Erm...! crashed my R6! And my RS250 wasnt running right. So all 3 of my bikes were broken. But now that I've solved these issues I can focus on the SP again! hurah!
Swing'arms done(pictures to follow soon). Next is the shock linkage. Then repair the rads and oil cooler(I'm too tght to buy new!).
Untill then, here are some pics of my newly fixed R6 in action!!
A forum community dedicated to Honda RC51 owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about reviews, performance, V-Twin racing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more!