RC51 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I know they use these on the older GP and track bikes (never see them on road bikes) but can anyone tell me the difference/benefit of the fuel tank in the following video at the 0:58 mark vs the stock tank and fuel lines? Looks like it has 2 filler caps (even though I doubt thats what it is. Also a hose maybe for overflow or something for being on the track with the heavy lean angles? Help me learn!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqQPgjxi0Ds

:smile2: :wink2:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Beautiful bike. I've never seen that swingarm before. The hose is a breather line because the fuel cap(s) is/are sealed. The bike would have to be on its side for it to leak gas out of it. Hot days and a really full tank may dribble some from expansion as well.

·
Premium Member
4,560 Posts
That is vwhelmot's bike. He is a member as well.

Harris swingarm... custom made.

That tank is a QB carbon tank and the line is a breather line as the lids are not vented.

My ETI carbon/kevlar tank has no breather line as the lid is vented.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So whats the benefit of have a sealed tank? I'm guessing for track use so if you do crash it limits the possibility of spraying fuel all over the course etc.

Thats one sweet bike and those headers/mids look really nice. Can't wait to get my ladybirds bolted on!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I don't think there's a benefit other than a simpler and lighter cap design. The composite tanks may also require more venting as well but I don't know. All my plastic dirt bike tanks have vented caps.

Anyway, it looks trick as hell.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts