RC51 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone proved any advice or opinions on why its not a good idea to use the triple tree stand only. If the pin fits precisely and the bike cannot lean side to side, why would this be a bad idea. Thanks

·
Registered
268 Posts
I use my rear stand by itself sometimes , but I've only tried the front by itself once. It's a little sketchy , the bike doesn't feel solid. Besides , rear stands can be had cheaply , why chance your bike hitting the ground ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I agree with Joe XR. I use my rear stand on its own constantly. The bike is solid, stable and it gives me plenty of access to things I need to work on. The triple tree stand is not nearly as stable by itself (Vortex stand). During the winter I put the bike up on both so that I don't have flat spots on tires when I roll it out in the spring. I'll put it up on both depending on work that I'm doing/need done. But I wouldn't trust it on the triple tree stand by itself. If your set up works differently, then I guess go for it. The other consideration is the fairing. I pad mine when on the TT, but if the bike falls while on it there could easily be significant damage to the fairing. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
There's no reason to use the front alone.

When you do that you are allowing the bike to pivot on a single point in the front (the pin in the triple) and a single point in the rear (the crown of the rear tire)

This makes it unstable.

If you aren't going to touch the bike or work on it it won't go anywhere. But you'd be foolish to work on it held only by the front.

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
Ditto on the front stand. Hell, I'm nervous using the rear spool stand and the front fork stand together for anything much more than tire warmers. Much prefer a chain hoist for the front end when working on the bike.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I've got an Abba stand , it lifts the bike by the swingarm pivot or the footpeg mounts. You can also lift the front at the same time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts