RC51 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So saw on Motorcyclesuperstore.com they are giving you a free Motostance MS1000 Battery Charger if you buy a Bikemaster Trugel battery... Good deal?? it shows that the batt for a 04 RC51 to be $114... are these batts worth the extra money?? seems a little high but to also get a $40 batt charger for free... may make it a good deal if its a good quality battery... Thanks guys

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1574/MNGR/BikeMaster.aspx

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I'm running a Bikemaster Tru Gel battery in my '06; believe I posted some stats (battery group size, price, etc) about in my "finally found one" thread from awhile back if you want to search for threads created under my username.

The battery has performed just fine, zero issues here. Wouldn't hesitate to order another one. If you're a track rider you'll probably want a lightweight battery instead though.

Don't know much about that particular battery charger/tender, sorry...

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
I was told by my friend who owns a couple Batteries Plus stores, that the difference is BikeMaster uses about 30% recycled lead and Yuasa uses none. Apparently the recycled lead doesn't last as long. That's one reason some batteries are more expensive.

Well, that's as good a price as I've ever seen, but it says new old stock. That means theyve been sitting on a shelf for how long?
Yuasa's usually cost about $125 -130.
I almost don't believe they're really Yuasa's... :confused:

·
Registered
351 Posts
Well, that's as good a price as I've ever seen, but it says new old stock. That means theyve been sitting on a shelf for how long?
This battery is advertised on the Yuasa site for 200 bucks.

Where ever you buy a Battery, you never know how long that battery was stored in that store.

I checked all the feedbacks..and he sold huge amount off these batteries...and no complaints.
I use this battery for one month now...and my bike never started as strong then now.

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
I was told by my friend who owns a couple Batteries Plus stores, that the difference is BikeMaster uses about 30% recycled lead and Yuasa uses none. Apparently the recycled lead doesn't last as long. That's one reason some batteries are more expensive.

New old stock but never activated? Maybe?

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
New old stock but never activated? Maybe?
Then how come the sealed batteries (and gel?) are plug and play? Don't need charging, just hook them up and hit the start button. I think you're talking about the batteries that have the removable caps and you add the acid right before use. Does anyone use those type in our bikes?

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Then how come the sealed batteries (and gel?) are plug and play? Don't need charging, just hook them up and hit the start button. I think you're talking about the batteries that have the removable caps and you add the acid right before use. Does anyone use those type in our bikes?
My last Yuasa battery came dry and I had to add the acid myself.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
Some places will "prep" them for you before you send them out. When I worked at a motorcycle dealership, we would leave the batteries un-prepped until the bike was purchased. When it was sold, we would fill them up and stick them on a charger while the techs started to prep the bike.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts