RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
The cylinders are a composite ceramic, so if you bore them, you'll need to have them replated by companies that specialize in that, such as Millenium Technologies.

You can have the heads ported. Hord Power can do this.

Don't have any info on turbo'ing RC51's.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Turbo power gains I don't know but you can you tube it and there are a couple out there.

Port/Polish will get you 5-10 hp from the dyno sheets I've seen. Hord is excellent when it comes to this.

Bore I couldn't tell you. Haven't heard of anyone doing that.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The cylinders are a composite ceramic, so if you bore them, you'll need to have them replated by companies that specialize in that, such as Millenium Technologies.

You can have the heads ported. Hord Power can do this.

Don't have any info on turbo'ing RC51's.
Sorry,but factory manual say`s the RC has two oversizes 0,010 and0,020 inch.How you can rebore ceramic coat.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I wouldn't worry about port and polish if you're going to turbo. Is there power to be made if you do? Of course it'll have a LITTLE more power, but the cost isn't worth the benefit as the RC51 heads flow fantastic in the first place (Plus I doubt the difference in spool will be notable if you properly size the turbo). Same thing goes with increasing your cylinder size, it will yield you a little more power and a little better spool but not enough to where I'd go out of the way to do it. I've already turboed plenty of applications and the good setups are always the simple ones.

·
Registered
232 Posts
exactly what aircooled said.. p/p or using oversized pistons arent cost effective and overkill if your planning a turbo application..

·
Registered
84 Posts
Search youtube... there are a few vids from a guy who turboed his RC51. Maybe you can hit him up for some advice, and his results.

·
Registered
110 Posts
info

I'm going to have to ask if you can provide a little more info on this.

what more info do you need?? i think thats all you need to know, especially when thinking of your previusly posts:mad:, i think that´s all the info i want to share with you, i just wanted to point out that a big bore is possible

cheers

IV

·
Registered
110 Posts
big bore engine

i have removed my post due to the fuckers, having too much freetime on their hands, and don´t know a thing about bikes, just wanting a war on words, but can´t cope with reality

·
Registered
31 Posts
what more info do you need?? i think thats all you need to know, especially when thinking of your previusly posts:mad:, i think that´s all the info i want to share with you, i just wanted to point out that a big bore is possible

cheers

IV
But i pointed that the cylinders are made cast iron, not ceramic coated.

·
Registered
110 Posts
not you

But i pointed that the cylinders are made cast iron, not ceramic coated.
hi franz

the disscussion is not directed at you!!1 by no means, you are quite rigth, the debate is towards some of the users on this forum that just want to pick a figth to cover their own ignorance and cover up the fact that they don´t know what they are talking about

cheers

IV

·
Registered
232 Posts
so your upset because someone pointed out that a big bore setup might not be cost effective to a regular guy in his garage? Thats basically what was said. Your challenging peoples intellect when it seems like all you can do is read. You said yourself you didnt build the motor you just read a dyno.. How much do you think Morawaki dumped into that thing not just in parts but in R and D? As a guy that has used forced induction on cars I can tell you I can get alot more power out of my RC than that with a junkyard turbo setup.. But IMHO its got plenty of power with a few bolt ons.. Aircooled had an opinion and based on some of his other threads I can see he actually does own a set of wrenches so why dont you just relax tough guy..

·
Registered
110 Posts
what??

so your upset because someone pointed out that a big bore setup might not be cost effective to a regular guy in his garage? Thats basically what was said. Your challenging peoples intellect when it seems like all you can do is read. You said yourself you didnt build the motor you just read a dyno.. How much do you think Morawaki dumped into that thing not just in parts but in R and D? As a guy that has used forced induction on cars I can tell you I can get alot more power out of my RC than that with a junkyard turbo setup.. But IMHO its got plenty of power with a few bolt ons.. Aircooled had an opinion and based on some of his other threads I can see he actually does own a set of wrenches so why dont you just relax tough guy..
if it´s my you refers to, then i must assume that you are retarded, because thats not the issue here, i got angry becayse two well know atagonists try to be the forum police, and call the shots here, i merely pointed out THAT A BIG BORE CAN BE DONE, it´s NOT impossible, than i got attacked, please get someone who can read to read the posts out loud to you, and explain the difficult words BEFORE you type some crap you without any references to what been said before...ok..dickcheese?

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
232 Posts
I wouldn't worry about port and polish if you're going to turbo. Is there power to be made if you do? Of course it'll have a LITTLE more power, but the cost isn't worth the benefit as the RC51 heads flow fantastic in the first place (Plus I doubt the difference in spool will be notable if you properly size the turbo). Same thing goes with increasing your cylinder size, it will yield you a little more power and a little better spool but not enough to where I'd go out of the way to do it. I've already turboed plenty of applications and the good setups are always the simple ones.

and lastly I can read just fine.. he says here that in his opinion its not worth the cost for what turns out to be a small gain.. I must agree since Im not made of money..

·
Registered
86 Posts
And back on topic...........

I am kinda curious as to the potential gains of using a turbo application on the RC51.

I would assume that a reasonably small hot side would need to be used to reduce lag, and similarly a smallish compressor if using standard high comp pistons.

Can you retain standard compression pistons (maybe using a decompression plate?) or are low comp pistons a must have?

Then there is the question of mapping for fuel and ignition timing, I would hazard a guess that a Power Commander may not be up to the job, but I could be wrong :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts