RC51 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang....I am going to ask this question as I have not been able to find any good before and after data. Does anyone have a good before and after Dyno reading of their bike in regards to a Turn 1 box ?

I have read a lot of good posts talking about these boxes / boxen, but no supporting data. The weight savings along would probably give me more speed...but what about HP ?

Luckily I have a baseline reading that I will use to compare against once I get a T1 and change out my throttle bodies.

Any and all help is appreciated

Hey B Miller...have you had your bike Dyno tuned ? If so, who did you use in the DF Dub ?

Thanks in advance....Kirk out !

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Evad....good information. Many seem to have internal work like ported heads....but if I look at image #5, he went from stock 128 to 135 including mapping...not too bad I guess. Would really like to know if anyone in this forum has seen that type of gain ...what are their experience's...are you running a Carbon box of some sort ?

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
Mine isn't tuned for the pipes I have now. I didn't want to spend the money since I hadn't done the airbox yet. I've been running the sato low map off the power commander website and it runs just fine. I will probably be installing the airbox and snorkel some time in the next month or so. Hard to find time since I have started a new job. I've got a stack of parts waiting for install. I don't have any internal engine mods, and don't really plan on doing any. This bike will never be a powerhouse, and cams/porting doesn't really seem worth the money or time. I just do trackdays, and I probably will never race this bike. I'm not needing to shave seconds of lap times. If I took all the money I've put into the RC, I could have a nice down payment for a new duc.

I'll probably be getting a baseline done before the airbox/snorkel install. I'm not from the area, so I don't have any first hand knowledge of tuners in the area. A couple guys on the motodfw forum have recommended Sabin Performance so I will probably go with him. I'm not expecting much of a gain, maybe 3-4 HP.

Here is a thread from motodfw with that same question: http://motodfw.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6880

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks "B" ....I went to Southwest Superbikes and got totally butt raped...IMO. He charged me $150 for a baseline....when I asked why so high, the response was "Well, that's really expensive piece of equipment, so it costs more !" ..."Oh, ok ?? so, if your tech had a $10K wrench, you'd charge me more to turn it ??" ....all I got was a blank stare at that point.

I have heard of Sabin, and will give them a try when ready....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts