RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any experience with the Turn One CF intake snorkle and Airbox? I installed one on my '02 model last winter and am really pleased with it. The quality of the components, the fit and the instructions were first rate. The aircleaner that was supplied was probably sufficient for a racing application, but I fabricated one with a K&N element that works great. I'm also running a pair of the longer intake bells with it to try to pick up the mid range.. The seat of the pants dyno says it's stronger in the mid range, but I haven't been able to get to a track day yet, so I really don't know if it has bought me much or not. I'd be interested to here from anyone else who has tried this.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I just got them for mine and it definitly feels different thats for sure. The only way to take complete advantage of it is to get it custom mapped. Then you'll really notice the difference.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jgos929

I have a custom map for the Jadine exhaust that seems to work well. I'm an an old school tuner and take plug readings and the new intake has not affected the plug readings noticably. How did you mount the Tach/Speedo? I didn't like how the C/F angles positioned it on my example, so I fabricated a new bracket from aluminum and mounted it to the top of the intake snorkle. I also made brackets from aluminum extrusion to hold the grommets that pick up the pins on the headlight buckets and mounted them on either side of the snorkle.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got mine back in late November or early December. I talked to Brent at Turn One about the problem with the mounts and he indicated he was going to make a change because I wasn't the only one who had a problem. I'll try to post some pictures of my instalation next week. I've got a really clean setup.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Yeah thats what I thought. It sounded like you might have gotten one of the older ones. I've only had mine for little over a month. I need to get mine custom mapped because I just can't seem to find a map that feels right. And all of the 2:1 maps I've been able to find are for SP2's and I have a 1. Right now I'm running the map off the pc website for the german model sp1 and the bike runs good but there is still some popping on decel. I haven't checked my plugs in a couple of thousand miles and was going to do it the next time I changed the oil in the next week or so.

·
Registered
422 Posts
were can i get those things?...turn one airbox & snorkel?...my email is [email protected].............

·
Registered
422 Posts
i did email to turn one guy, seems no reply from him yet & durbhan(Thorsten) is very expensive...the airbox itself can cost me nearly 1k Singapore dollars(wzout shipping)..

·
Registered
422 Posts
tks dude...informed me when u get the items...a lots parts ..hmm..i wish i have dat kind of money....

·
Registered
113 Posts
yeah it is alot of money but should help save some weight and gain a couple of hp and after that a full carbonfiber body and some carbon fiber wheels would be super nice :)

·
Registered
162 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
lol i would let you send me the bill but i got to have money to buy the parts for my bike and i do what i can to help out hope it helps lots of guys and gals out

·
Registered
422 Posts
I have 3 emailed to Bret from turnone, so far no reply from him..
Scott sellin at $345usd but bret sellin $325..

·
Registered
162 Posts
Scott told me about a week ago that Turn One was shut down for vacation for a few weeks. I ordered my stuff from Scott. My order should ship out today.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Bro, what did u order?..did scott give any special discount?..

·
Registered
162 Posts
I ordered the Turn One CF airbox and intake, the LED eyebrow kit, Kyle Racing adjustable clip-ons and Delrin bar ends, and a Factory Pro shift kit. You can talk with him one on one about discounts. That's his business and I don't feel right saying anything about it.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts