RC51 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I changed the oil in my bike last night. When I put all of the fairings back on, the left hand side turn signal remains on (non flashing though). When I hit the left turn signal switch, it flashes like it should but then remains on (non flashing) when I knock it off. Any idea what could be causing this? They are the factory turn signals. Thanks for the help guys.

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
So its brighter than your running lights? Maybe a pic would help me. :confused:

·
Registered
54 Posts
I know u Said it's factory turn signals but are the factory connectors still being use or do try splice together, maybe u accidentally hooked up running light wire instead of turn signal. Just a thought

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is a picture. I guess I've never paid any attention, are the turn signals supposed to remain on as running lights? If that's the case, then the right turn signal is the one with the issue. They both still work as turn signals, so they flash when I turn them on.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
Yes, these are dual element bulbs. Looks like the rt side running light is out.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, these are dual element bulbs. Looks like the rt side running light is out.
Yep, you're spot on. I swapped the bulbs over and it works just fine. Thanks MB.

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
No problem...give you an excuse to ride down to the auto store and get a bulb.;)

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No problem...give you an excuse to ride down to the auto store and get a bulb.;)
Which is exactly what I did! And then went to Taco Bell for lunch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts