RC51 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Check out customled.com. they carry a plug and play flasher relay that allows for any combination of leds and regular bulbs and remains the stock flash rate. Think it is 20 bucks. I just installed one on my sp2. Works great

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Really? I just bought one from Cycle Gear for $25 about a year ago. It's made for bulbs or/and led's. It's a pretty standard relay for Honda, so they had it in stock.
I have one that is OEM used. It came with a harness I just got. If you want it, let me know, I'll give it to you.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Fyi, I have the stock relay off my 03'. Not sure if they are the same but I can't imagine them being different as the blinkers never changed. I will sell it to you for 10 bucks plus shpping.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
I don't just give stuff away, I said I'd give it to you cause I saw you and your dad on the same track together in your vid. That was cool.
Sorry Andrew, didn't mean to one-up you.

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Turn signal delay can be because you're using bulbs that draw less current. If you're using LED replacements for example, you'd need an LED compatible indicator relay. An original Honda one wouldn't work if so as it's designed for use with filament bulbs only.

Also if you're using all four stock indicators, best to check the bulbs are correct wattage before replacing the relay.

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Turn signal delay can be because you're using bulbs that draw less current. If you're using LED replacements for example, you'd need an LED compatible indicator relay. An original Honda one wouldn't work if so as it's designed for use with filament bulbs only.

Also if you're using all four stock indicators, best to check the bulbs are correct wattage before replacing the relay.
That's a good point Stig.

f3racer - are all your turnsigs bulbs, not led's?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts